Hardware Wii Component AV Cable

snake-viper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello

I would like to know to opinions on different the Wii Component AV Cable. I am watching different cables, so that the original one is very expensive, and not if from other marks as madcatz or similars is seen well.
In my country, this cable (madcatz) is in favor of 18 euros, but the original cable of Nintendo costs 30 euros, great difference. There are but cables, of different marks and prices, but not as to take in case it was bad.

Some of you another Component AV uses Cable that is not the original one of Nintendo?

Thanks in advance

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't remember where I saw the article but a site compared a set of cheap third party component cables to the official ones and there was virtually no difference in picture quality - go for the cheaper ones!

Dealextreme.com have component cables for €8 shipped, but if you can't wait a couple of weeks for delivery Play-Asia.com also do some for a few Euro more once shipping is added.

I ordered my component cable from Play-Asia and I'm very happy with it.

smile.gif

captain^k

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Some people complain the genuine cable's audio plugs are on a too short of a wire to reach their AMP...

You talk about to the cable madcatz? That with that cable problems with the audio one are had no?

Nah, I was meaning the Nintendo branded cables. Here's a quote from a local review site:

For those of you who use an audio output other than your tv (ie surround sound) you may be better off waiting for the Mad Catz Component cables, instead of the Nintendo ones.

After opening mine this morning, i was surprised to find how little the audio leads split from the video leads.
I am lucky that they just reach (and i mean JUST). Once i get my new cabinet, i am going to have to buy extensions.

this is what my cables look like when plugged in:

(im sure you guys are smart enough to pick out the Wii cables from the rest of them)

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/nar...able920x690.jpg

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the original ones...and I can't remember without going to check but I either had the distance, or I used a pair of extension audio cables I had to make the gap to my 5.1 system. I think it was crap paying that much for wire, but I saw em for $25 and was like what the hell. The sharpness even on my 480i tv was quite remarkable, easy to tell with the web browser as I could read like 3 text sizes smaller before it got fuzz again.

snake-viper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have thought to use the cable of GameWare (Of the Game centers [ www.game.es ]) and do not say that are bad by Internet, but, if conoceis that so are?

blink625

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can you really see a different 480i to 480p? Is it worth paying $20 for?
Honestly, I can't really tell the difference between Component, Composit and RGB visually.
The difference in resolution (square, pixels) is much easier to see then colouring.
Thanks.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

blink625

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can you really see a different 480i to 480p?  Is it worth paying $20 for?
Honestly, I can't really tell the difference between Component, Composit and RGB visually.
The difference in resolution (square, pixels) is much easier to see then colouring.
Thanks.

It's most noticeable with text. Text is much sharper with 480p. There are some comparison interlaced versus progressive out there. http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162297/p-2.html

Thanks I can see the difference in the link.

qwertyasdf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you really see a different 480i to 480p? Is it worth paying $20 for?
Thanks.

Not a $20 investment.

$14 free shipping at http://us.emvee.ca/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ