Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
up: ohhh, I feel sorry for ya, you can't gain that much attention you used to gain when you're not the only one with the loader anymore:]]]]

About the list: Good point. Instead of whinning and bitching we should develop a good compatibility list, with all the info provided (it crashes? post crashraport. It errors while loading? Post error message/number). At least we help waninkoko in improving the loader when we spot the bugs.

NeoZeroEXE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just tried this out. NTSC Resident Evil 4, NTSC Wii, hooked up to an HD monitor via component cables. Worked perfectly, color and all. Loading times seemed a bit long, though. Not sure if that has to do with running off a backup, or if the Wii version's loading times were longer in general.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so i got super mario galaxy (ntsc) working. i burned another phillips at 4x on my laptop burner, and it works. same deal, ntsc wii, 3.3U (sry if i said e before, it's an ntsc wii/USA, i always think e is for english).

Deepest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if this was leaked by a wannabie then surely the author if this program could potentially pinpoint the guilty party?

I suppose it would be nice to hear from the author just to assure us that a proper offical release will follow suit?

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
star wars the force unleashed (ntsc) also works. i burned it on another memorex this time at 4x speed.
there are no glitches in this game yet as far as i can tell. there is a glitch in super mario galaxy, it seems like the game crashes after you go down the first hill following the intro sequence, when it goes to load the next part of the level, it crashes.

the only bad thing about the star wars game is that it has an autosave feature (but I wouldn't be too worried since it seems like the crashes occur when loading more info, not running code that has already been loaded.)

edit: still using the regular cables with an hdtv. (ntsc wii as well).

VascoAlmeida

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
It's awful that this happened ! I am a official tester of Waninkoko Homebrews and it angers me that someone would pretend to be his friend just to get the app to leak it
frown.gif

He has a personal life, maybe thats why he couldn't get it out before !!! Maybe cause it isn't 100% Done !!

This is the reason i hate so much the DS and Wii Community.. The only thing everyone wants is to be able to play games without buying them, even if you have to leak someone App and other things.

It would be great if Waninkoko didn't continue the work on this. That way people would have to ask sorry for being who they are !

AT LEAST FOR THE HATERS WHO DIDN'T BELIEVE HIM, THANK HIM !!!! :S

bango5515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hecz said:
bango5515 said:
hecz said:
bander said:
i can't get any game to boot
always getting error -4100

at last someone is with me
biggrin.gif
, nah but seriously i dont know what the hell is it. Wich dvds u have?

i have sony dvd-rw and hp dvd+r and im in 3.1u

always getting error -4100 ,sam with me ,things i did on my ntsc-usa

my ntsc -usa is not chipped and homebrew enabled

1) installed the wad file "CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad" using wad manager

2) istalled divx -> advanced -> ios 249

3) executed from homebrew channel -> iso loader but then this 4100 sumthing error

PS : I used verbatim normal dvd ,burned smg on it @ 16x using img burn(patched it with the backup creator ,copied smg.iso in a folder which contained 2 files backup-creator.exe and common-key)

try burning it slower, ive tried everything with no luck. wich version is ur firmware?

Welll i dont think so burning slow would help ,all my backups work fine on verbatim @ 16x so dis justifies dat burning is not the issue ,i am on 3.1U

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
It would probably be a good idea for Waninkoko to watermark each copy of any software he gives out, if anything gets out then he'd know where it had come from.

Stylpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I see a lot of people using +R's, but any reports on using -R's? Don't want to waste any of my precious Taiyo Yudens
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: