Wii backup launching speed

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cheez203, Mar 27, 2010.

Mar 27, 2010

Wii backup launching speed by cheez203 at 6:29 PM (810 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. cheez203
    OP

Member cheez203 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hi Guys. When You launch a backup from a hardrive does it run normally at 6x and if you boot a backup from a disc it runs at 3x? Because loding is faster on a hardrive and gameplay is normal but on a disc loading is longer but gameplay is the same as the hardrive. So loading from the disc and a hardrive are the same except for loading times and gameplay is the exact same?

2. Tetram

Member Tetram GBAtemp Regular

France
    Hi.
    When you run a backup without a modchip, you will get 3x.
    With a modchip, you'll get 6x
    With USB loader, you'll get more than 6x : it will be the usb speed !

About gameplay : 3x may lead to some glitches. For instance in Bully or in de Blob, you will see a lot of clipping problems if you move fast. Actually, the game need to stream the level from the disc, and 3x is sometimes a problem.

Definitively, USB mode is the best, as you will not have any problem, and even feel some improvements !

3. raptir

Member raptir GBAtemp Regular

United States
    In general, a USB loader will run the same as the retail disc with improvements to loading time. On some games, errors are avoided. For example, House of the Dead Overkill has major issues including crashing. These do not occur when running from the USB Loader (or at least occur less frequently).

With a modchip, the games run exactly the same as from a retail disc.

I've never used a backup loader.

4. smf

Member smf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Not all modchips can run at 6x, some are limited to 3x as well (all the ones that connect to the dvd cable & some of the ones that solder to the pcb).

5. ephumuris

Newcomer ephumuris Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I never had a problem with HOTD Overkill on disc. Softmod. Now i'm using USB it freezes ALL the time so i can't play it. Wonder if there is a fix? [​IMG]

6. raptir

Member raptir GBAtemp Regular

United States
    MY retail HotD Overkill disc had slowdown issues and occasional crashes. It was all over the Gamefaqs boards when the game first came out. When my disc was broken shipping it home from school and I started loading from my backup of the retail disc via USB, I haven't had a single issue.