Hacking Wii and Gamecube backups on the same HDD?

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did this work?? Are you now playing both Wii & GC off the WD 4tb? If so, which loader are you using?
I have a 4 TB Western Digital drive and can play Wii, GameCube and WiiWare games off of it through USB Loader GX. I used EaseUS Partition Master and formatted it to FAT32 with 64k clusters (I couldn't get it to do 32k). But I can confirm that 64k does work for USB Loader GX and Nintendont. That's the only homebrew I use so if you use any other homebrew there may he a chance that it won't work because it may require 32k clusters. Hope this helps.

Reactions: ca032769

DannyDuSpaztic1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it'll be fine. Just be sure that your wbfs converter splits it up. You'll get multiple files like this.

Metroid.wbfs ~4Gb
Metroid.wbf1 ~4Gb

Just put those into the wbfs folder and it'll work just fine.

I split my hard drive to partitions one fat 32 Active the other NTFS homebrew did not read my hard drive neither does the Wii U any suggestions??

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I split my hard drive to partitions one fat 32 Active the other NTFS homebrew did not read my hard drive neither does the Wii U any suggestions??
Follow this guide to format your drive. http://www.wiihacks.com/showthread.php?t=96770 If your drive is greater than 2TB then you will have to format with 64k clusters instead if 32k. Also, once you format to fat32, the Wii U will ask to format your drive. Obviously say no. But once you are in your vWii, USB Loader GX and your other homebrew apps should be able to see it.

DannyDuSpaztic1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow this guide to format your drive. http://www.wiihacks.com/showthread.php?t=96770 If your drive is greater than 2TB then you will have to format with 64k clusters instead if 32k. Also, once you format to fat32, the Wii U will ask to format your drive. Obviously say no. But once you are in your vWii, USB Loader GX and your other homebrew apps should be able to see it.

Thanks for pointing me the right direction, you have to sift too to a lot of stuff to get to the goodies you save me a lot of time

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust me I know. Been there, done that, finally have a "perfect" Wii setup, and now sticking around to help share what I've learned to the noobies. :)

Once you get your hard drive working correctly then search for something called UStealth. It will make it so your hard drive isn't seen by the Wii U and will remove that nag to format.

Reactions: GreyWolf

chris wetherell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I formatted my hard drive to fat 32 with 32 kb cluster with the ease partition manager, but WBFS manger won't let me load any games on the drive until I format it with the WBFS manager.
Anything I'm doing wrong?
Can I just add the games to the WBFS folder or do I have to use WBFS manager?

Last edited by chris wetherell,

Startreksteve

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,
Noob to the scene here, I've been previously running on a 16gb usbstick fat32 Wiiflow for Wii games, Nintendont, Not64, and other emulators for Nes,Snes and megadrive. All ran fine on that setup, but I decided to get more space and got a 500gb Toshiba Canvio external HD. It was formatted in NTFS format, so I dragged all the files and folders across to the 500gb. Wii games run fine from the WBFS folder, but the Not64 and Nintendont emulators seem to require a fat32 storage location. so I reformatted the entire drive to fat32.
The Nintendont and Not64 now worked, but Wiiflow said it couldnt find the game partition. SO I reformatted with a 380GB NTFS partition and a 120 gb fat32. I copied the Nintendont and Not64 ?Game romns to the fat32 partition. Wiiflow works perfectly, Nintendont works perfectly, but Not64 cant see the game files.
Im thinking Not64 can see a partition that ISNT fat32 (the ntfs one) and cant see the second one (Fat32). Would making the 1st partition fat32 and the second one ntfs fix this? or would it then stop Wiiflow from seeing the Wii games folder? It totally failed to see any games partition when it was fully FAT32 formatted.
Anything Im missing guys?
TIA

BTW if I insert the usb stick in usb2 slot Not64 sees the roms and runs them..
Steve

dnavia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to use one HDD for Wii,GameCube and Wii u games? My current setup is an external HDD fat32 for Wii and GCN games using usbloadergx and I use a 128gb USB stick formatted by the wiiu for Wii u games installed via wud installer. Want to consolidate if possible

Last edited by dnavia,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use one HDD for Wii,GameCube and Wii u games? My current setup is an external HDD fat32 for Wii and GCN games using usbloadergx and I use a 128gb USB stick formatted by the wiiu for Wii u games installed via wud installer. Want to consolidate if possible

Not that I know of. The Wii U drive format is proprietary and encrypted.

Reactions: dnavia

DeadlyRevengexX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2TB HDD formated to Fat32 with 32bit clusters, and when I try to run Gamecube games that have been placed into the HDD using DM toolbox it blackscreens in Nintendont.. I even tried using 64bit clusters and the same things happened.. HELP?? I would like to keep it one partition btw, if possible.

I'm using a Wii 4.3u

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, you can't use a hard drive that's not partitioned. :)
What if the harddrive is formated Fat32 with 32bit clusters? I was previously using a 500 GB hard drive with no partitions and it worked great.. but after it died due to shock.. I bought a 2TB Sata HDD and it won't work... it's Fat32 with 32bit clusters and all GC games where put in using DM toolbox and when I go to run a GC game that I KNOW works.. it black screens... Why??

Last edited by DeadlyRevengexX,

eduall

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
i have 1tb Toshiba hdd. 1rst partition is NTFS and the 2nd is FAT32...
ntfs -> wii games in the "wbfs" folder (active) (transfered with wii backup manager than auto split the isos with more than 4gb into two files )
fat32 -> gamecube isos in the "games" folder.

and use: cfg usb loader MOD with wiimmfi...

all works fine for me !

DeadlyRevengexX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 1tb Toshiba hdd. 1rst partition is NTFS and the 2nd is FAT32...
ntfs -> wii games in the "wbfs" folder (active) (transfered with wii backup manager than auto split the isos with more than 4gb into two files )
fat32 -> gamecube isos in the "games" folder.

and use: cfg usb loader MOD with wiimmfi...

all works fine for me !

Why don't you have the entire HDD formated to Fat32? Wouldn't that be easier?

Also what is cfg usb loader MOD with wiimmfi? How do I use it?

Blzzrdwzzrd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I run my wii games and GC games off the same HDD. Format FAT32. Wii games go in the wbfs folder on the root. Put cube games anywhere you want and choose the path for them. USB loader GX will display both. Wii Backup Manager will convert your Wii ISO's into wbfs files.
I have done this but have had an issue loading the gamecube games as i am given an error prompting to 'set my main gamecube path on a primary partition'. Do you know how to fix this error?

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Last edited by r1vver,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free