Hacking wii 4.3u black screen but has homebrew

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
i have wii got black screen but i can access homebrew . what should i do to get the screen back.
my friend did sth and send to me for help

thk

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Your description of the issue is not very clear. You power on the console and what happens? When specifically do you encounter a black screen? How about posting a Syscheck? Do you have bootmii as boot2 or priiloader? Or how about a nand backup from before the problem began?

Reactions: Alexander1970

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Your description of the issue is not very clear. You power on the console and what happens? When specifically do you encounter a black screen? How about posting a Syscheck? Do you have bootmii as boot2 or priiloader? Or how about a nand backup from before the problem began?
hi sorry. when i open my friend wii. it show black screen immediately. but i can access homebrew via prilloader. so i try to reinstall system menu 4.3U . but it stillshow black screen.

i dont have any bootmii . thk

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It's not the system menu or the system menu ios since you're able to access priiloader and since you already tried reinstalling the system menu. I'm assuming you reinstalled priiloader after updating the system menu, otherwise you would no longer have access to priiloader and the hbc.

Double check that you don't have a priiloader hack enabled that triggers a blackscreen. This hack arguably shouldn't even exist, but it does, so confirm that's not the case.

After ruling out the above, I'm thinking maybe it's a banner brick? Launch mmm, or dopmii or Dop ios or any title deleter and CAREFULLY delete custom channels. If you delete the wrong thing you could full brick, so if you're not sure, Google it, and err on the side of caution.

Also, if your friend recently installed a wad, it will probably still be in his wad folder, u could just uninstall the problem channel by uninstalling the same wad (again careful not to uninstall something vital).

No nand backup?

Last edited by XFlak,

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
It's not the system menu or the system menu ios since you're able to access priiloader and since you already tried reinstalling the system menu. I'm assuming you reinstalled priiloader after updating the system menu, otherwise you would no longer have access to priiloader and the hbc.

Double check that you don't have a priiloader hack enabled that triggers a blackscreen. This hack arguably shouldn't even exist, but it does, so confirm that's not the case.

After ruling out the above, I'm thinking maybe it's a banner brick? Launch mmm, or dopmii or Dop ios or any title deleter and CAREFULLY delete custom channels. If you delete the wrong thing you could full brick, so if you're not sure, Google it, and err on the side of caution.

Also, if your friend recently installed a wad, it will probably still be in his wad folder, u could just uninstall the problem channel by uninstalling the same wad (again careful not to uninstall something vital).

No nand backup?
thak i will try. ps if it has full brick. does it has any chance to recover it .

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

update. seem like i cant access prilloader anymore after install systemenu.wad without reinstall prilloader. i never know that prilloader need to be reinstall.

i just know from my friend that he install Mymenuify for create new background. .. now i cant do anything.

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
ps my friend said he use to install bootmii as ios when he hack wii. does it can do anything to fix

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Reinstalling the system menu would've restored the original theme, so this isn't a theme brick either. Unfortunately since you reinstalled the system menu on your own initiative then exited the homebrew channel before reinstalling priiloader... you're pretty screwed.

This is a good example of why you shouldn't guess at solutions because you've effectively made the problem much worse. This has evolved from a semi-brick to a full-brick situation. If you don't have bootmii or a nand backup I don't think this wii can be recovered. If it's a really old wii and is capable of installing bootmii as boot2 then it can be recovered using an infectus modchip, but it would be cheaper/easier to just buy another wii. Similarly, if you have a nand backup and no bootmii as boot2, you can recover using an infectus modchip but again it's easier/cheaper to replace the console. Heck if you at least have the wii keys something can be done, but this is dumped along with the nand so if you don't have one I doubt you have the other.

At this stage, all you can do is test to see if by some miracle bootmii happens to already be installed on this console's boot2. Put the bootmii folder on a small/compatible SD card and turn on your wii (you can download bootmii sd files from modmii's download page 2 or from here http://static.hackmii.com/bootmii_sd_files.zip).

If you are lucky, the bootmii menu will load and you can continue to trouble shoot this issue. If it doesn't load... well I'm out of ideas and I think there's nothing more I think you can do.

Last edited by XFlak,

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
then it can
Reinstalling the system menu would've restored the original theme, so this isn't a theme brick either. Unfortunately since you reinstalled the system menu on your own initiative then exited the homebrew channel before reinstalling priiloader... you're pretty screwed.

This is a good example of why you shouldn't guess at solutions because you've effectively made the problem much worse. This has evolved from a semi-brick to a full-brick situation. If you don't have bootmii or a nand backup I don't think this wii can be recovered. If it's a really old wii and is capable of installing bootmii as boot2 then it can be recovered using an infectus modchip, but it would be cheaper/easier to just buy another wii. Similarly, if you have a nand backup and no bootmii as boot2, you can recover using an infectus modchip but again it's easier/cheaper to replace the console. Heck if you at least have the wii keys something can be done, but this is dumped along with the nand so if you don't have one I doubt you have the other.

At this stage, all you can do is test to see if by some miracle bootmii happens to already be installed on this console's boot2. Put the bootmii folder on a small/compatible SD card and turn on your wii (you can download bootmii sd files from modmii's download page 2 or from here http://static.hackmii.com/bootmii_sd_files.zip).

If you are lucky, the bootmii menu will load and you can continue to trouble shoot this issue. If it doesn't load... well I'm out of ideas and I think there's nothing more I think you can do.
thk somuch . i never know that if i reinstall systemmenu. i have to reinstall prilloader as well. now i cant do anything with wii . tonight will try your way.; but i did nto expect much . seem like this wiil gonna be dead

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill