Wii #2689 - NBA 2K12 (USA)

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone at school was talking about this game today, not the Wii version though.. most likely the 360 version.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
Eww, basketball and soccer are bored, Ugh!

you're ignorant.

nobody cares that you don't like sports games. plenty of people do. plenty of people also don't like the stuff you like. that's life. move on.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf at the box art. that's messed up!!

if you look closely at the bottom left of the box it says that online is not rated crap so it may or may not have online.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
wtf at the box art. that's messed up!!

if you look closely at the bottom left of the box it says that online is not rated crap so it may or may not have online.

Did not know I could zoom in the box art. After looking at it, YES the game does have WiFi. There is no "Nintendo WiFi" logo because they are not using Nintendo's servers for WiFi mode. There are many Wii games that dont use Nintendo WFC but normally they tend to have their own WiFi logos on the box. If I'm correct, this is the first 2K game not using Nintendo's servers.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm trying to look for images to see if the wii version and ps2 version look the same.i'm trying to find out if this game is a ps2 port for the wii.if it is to me that doesn't make any sense because the ps2 version is $19.99 and the wii is $49.99.if this is a port both games should be the same price.i'm looking at the ps2 version and it seems not to have any online but the wii one does according to the box art.i'm just looking to see that the wii has better graphics than the ps2.

i know the wii can get games with good graphics if ps2 doesn't get it at the same time,i know that is not always the case but maybe for sports games it is.
hoping this is a good example the last two spiderman that came on the wii i thought they both looked good.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NBA 2K12: Afterthought Edition.

From what I read from those who gave played it, this years edition is a very bare version, in fact its almost exactly the same as last years BUT they've removed a lot of content! No online function at all, no new commentary, no rookies and lots of other stuff. Sounds like 2K Sports just put this out without any thought whatsoever and just repackaged last years but took out stuff they need to still maintain.

Not played one of these for years so will give this one a go...on PC. Doubt it'll better NBA Jam Wii for me, I prefer Basketball games to be arcadey.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What happens when developers have no competition
They make crap like this. I expected this from EA but not 2K

This game is garbage, thank god for the PS3 version.
QUOTE said:
-No online functionality of any kind, so no games, downloads, or live scores
-No rookies, and because of the above, there never will be unless you make them yourself
-No gameplay improvements at all, literally the same as 2K11

I didn't buy this game, I pirated this Wii version but I feel like I should get a refund and an apology.

I hope EA comes back with Live, maybe then 2K will actually attempt to make a new game instead of recycling an out dated game like this

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can there be no OnLine when the box says "Online interactions not rated by the ESRB"?

EDIT: Quick question. Is the online mode for last year's game still active?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(LightyKD @ Oct 5 2011, 11:35 AM)
How can there be no OnLine when the box says "Online interactions not rated by the ESRB"?

EDIT: Quick question. Is the online mode for last year's game still active?

just play the game, and you'll see
and yes, 2K11 for the Wii did have online

Basically what Wii owners got is the same game we got last year, with a roster from June 2011, some old school teams, and no online features.
No that's wrong, 2K11 was way better

[youtube]IdglGfGbw1Q[/youtube]

On 2K11 the upper left it has the WiFi logo
81R5cU87DFL._AA1500_.jpg

lizard81288

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And people said this will be the best NBA game ever, I guess not the wii version. Thanks again for duping wii owners....yet again.

Is Wi-Fi that hard to implement on the wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021