1. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    So how many big name Wii titles have come out since November? Zip zero nada nill. The Wii has had absolutely jack all really in the last year or so, hardly any big name games have been released. The last title to come out that had any meaning for it was Metroid: Other M and that was quite a while ago now. They have provided almost nothing in the last year in terms of first party support and 3rd party support has been mainly shovelware and crappy spin off games. The only announced game for this year that we can expect to be at least decent for North America is Conduit 2.

2. SPH73

SPH73 Banned
    Banned

United States
  3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    SS will be the last game they make on the wii than it will die.

4. linuxGuru

linuxGuru GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I doubt they are going to announce a new console so soon, even the wii came out two years after the original ds. I don't see any reason why the next console would come out so soon after the newest handheld.

5. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

The Gamecube came out 5 months after the GBA in 2001.

Lol, you beat my edit, Linuxguru! [​IMG]

6. linuxGuru

United States
    Ok, Guess you got a point.

7. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    My money is on Wii 2 Announcement this E3

8. m3rox

m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    ohai, you must be new to the internet. There are several big name Wii games in the works. For example: Zelda: Skyward Sword is due out later this year in Japan (I haven't looked for a US release date), there's also the new kirby game in the works, and there are others that I don't feel like remembering right now (do a little research, it won't kill you).

9. linuxGuru

United States
  10. Acetic Orcein

Acetic Orcein GBAtemp Regular

Zelda definitely! But Kirby?
    I suppose as first party it could be considered big, but comparatively I'd put Kirby on the crap end of 'big name' releases considering the garbage that was Kirby's Epic Yawn. I don't think having a Kirby game is something to be particularly proud of. I suppose that's subjective, but there is still a dry spell going on. That's not to say there aren't other big name releases coming up, but eurgh, Kirby? I'll try finding a better example lol.

11. Dr Eggman

Dr Eggman I am THE Eggman.

Canada
    Well, guys, too, remember Twilight Princess was released on the GameCube and the Wii concurrently...

It is 5 years later.

12. Motastic

OP Motastic Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Maybe Skyward Sword will be released on the Wii and Wii 2 concurrently too. I say a Wii 2 is likely. 5 years is kind of a long time. I say announced formally this E3, hits shelves by August, and sells like hotcakes. I would also say the "Wii 2" would include backwards compability with the original Wii, a larger and more elaborate HardDrive, and a revamped online experience that would compete with Sony and Microsoft. If the "Wii 2"had that, it would no doubt be the best SYSTEM out there. I think the graphics are amazing on some games on the Wii. If the harddrive issue was solved and a better online system that would include a GamerTag kind of system, with family-orientated settings, the "Wii 2" would be the ultimate money making machine.

13. awssk8er

awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yeah, but the Wii and the Gamecube basically have the same power. I guess it's possible, but I can't see it happening.

14. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Japan =/= North America, clearly you missed that fact.

We have nothing in North America aside from Conduit 2 which is coming out in a week. I really couldn't give a damn if there are a bunch of games coming out in Japan, 75% of them don't come out here anyway. The ones that are planned for release here have no scheduled release date, and Zelda coming out so late for most users that the console is just a dead fish floating on the water. How many confirmed good games do we have for North America and Europe between now and the end of the year? One game that hasn't been released with Conduit 2, everything else is terrible. I haven't touched my Wii console in months, there is nothing coming out here.

Draft saved Draft deleted