United States
machomuu said:
Schlupi said:
What if IGN IS G4?

ohmy.gif

And 4Kids is pulling the stings...
Holy crap! It all makes sense
ohmy.gif

Yeah. I know. 4Kids is also behind 9/11. FACT.
tpi.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda quit watching G4 a while ago as it's not funny and the people are retarded. It's basically just some random pervy/nerdy gamer dude and some oblivious hot chick/prompter monkey talking about video games that they have no clue about. The reviews are retarded and the network basically just shows Cops and Cheaters nowadays.

I only use to watch it for Ninja Warrior which was some stupid fun (not nearly as good as MXC though) and maybe their E3 coverage (although their coverage was shit and nowadays I just watch all the conferences online).

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
G4 never was good to begin with IMHO. X-Play probably originally was the only good thing going for it, and now look.

Maybe if it was a channel where they did nothing but funny playthoughs, and TAS and stuff, it would be good.

Lolnope, they had to **** it up the you know what. The hosts are
p1ng.gif
, all the shows are
p1ng.gif
, the channel essentially is a steaming pile of
p1ng.gif

I heard Comcast axed them from the regular lineup btw.

I deeply despise them for other reasons as well, and some of you may know or figure out why. But that's a discussion I'd rather not start publicly if you understand what I mean.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed ZDTV when it first appeared on my channel lineup.
I continued to enjoy even when the name became TechTV.
Then G4 bought it, killed every good show there was, and left in all the stupid garbage. I stopped watching it. The only good show on the entire station is Ninja Warrior. And Unbeatable Bansuke (when they were showing it).

Then again, virtually every TV station sucks, which is why I never watch TV anymore unless I'm at work, and even then I don't watch much.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
machomuu said:
Schlupi said:
What if IGN IS G4?

ohmy.gif

And 4Kids is pulling the stings...
Holy crap! It all makes sense
ohmy.gif

Yeah. I know. 4Kids is also behind 9/11. FACT.
tpi.gif
They're using X-Play to hypnotize teens and adults knowing they woun't watch their cartoons on their channel
ohmy.gif

It all makes sense now.

baramos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I stopped watching around the time there name changed to xplay
tongue.gif
. G4 was awesome when it first came out as was ZDTV/Tech TV till G4 (Comcast) bought them which, over time, has ruined every single thing that each channel had going for it. G4 reminds me of Spike TV. semi targeted generic crappy programming there's a rare gem here and there but not worth the time.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir VG said:
Then again, virtually every TV station sucks, which is why I never watch TV anymore unless I'm at work, and even then I don't watch much.
I know, as the years go by I tend to watch less and less TV, the shows nowadays just aren't as appealing imo.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Sir VG said:
I know, as the years go by I tend to watch less and less TV, the shows nowadays just aren't as appealing imo.

sry a bit off topic: Yeah this may be nostalgia talking but 90's Nick and Cartoon Network seemed to have better quality shows, my favs are Adventures of Pete and Pete, and Dexters Lab/Toonami(for my first anime exposure he he)

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the internet, I completely lost interest in TV.

As for G4, I remember when I used to watch it because it was fun to watch. I remember a show called "Cheats" or something, with a female host who would show you neat tips and exploits in tons of modern games. I mainly watched that, but then G4 was overrun with shows like Cheaters (the ones where a guy or girl isn't faithful to their spouse for some retarded ass reason) and Cops.

I also loved Ninja Warrior. I would totally watch G4 for that show only.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
X-Play sucks now because they're trying to cater to a demographic that doesn't exist.

But I miss G4. It used to show all the good shows: Cheat, X-Play, random anime at around midnight, Attack of the Show (and Happy Tree Friends that was shown in that), Ninja Warrior, and E3. The E3 coverage was the best...

ShinyJellicent12321 said:
What about that Dish channel called Colors? It was channel 9407.
It used to show all my favorite anime, but then it stopped.
WHY???!!!
I know what you mean. My parents have Dish and when I'm there I occasionally scout that channel for anime I'd watch, but I can't seem to find any anymore. I miss the days they used to show Mahou Sensei Negima! and all of those.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the show that I was talking about; It was called "Cheat!" and the website is here. Damn, that host is still as hot as ever.

wub.gif

Oh wait. They discontinued the show?! Fuck.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, X-Play. I used to love that show when they only did straight reviews with a skit every now and again. Around the time that Direct TV axed G4 completely, all I was watching was Ninja Warrior reruns, and Unbeatable Banzuke. The rest of the daily lineup with crap, and Attack of the Show (I honestly forget its original name at this point) turned to garbage over the course of a few years with only the like of Olivia Munn keeping it afloat with her gratuitous boobage.

Now X-Play and G4 as a whole is garbage. G4 only really shows Cops and Cheaters. One is outdated as hell, the latter is just garbage that 50 year old divorced women and teenage girls would get any entertainment value out of. The Japanese shows were literally the only good thing about that network. If X-Play went back to straight reviews they way they used to, instead of obviously reviewing the way somebody else wants them to, the show would be fine. Instead it is just a mini Attack of the Show with a game review tossed in every episode or two just as a reminder that the show was originally about that.

At first, I was kind of angry G4 was gone, but then I remembered that I only watched two Japanese shows on it anyways.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
X-Play sucks now because it's stayed on G4 all this time. Look at it like this:

Victor Lucas had a show on G4 (still does I think), and instead of staying exclusive with it and having to follow their rules, he branched out, and now his show, Reviews on the Run (Judgement Day for G4 fans) is getting more coverage, and it's still all about video games.

X-Play was good when they actually reviewed the games. But that was like in 2004. Anything since then has been pretty much crap.

Adam Sessler is a great guy, he knows his games, but the fact that he's still on there, he's just going to let his talents go to waste.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because there aren't very many (if any) good new games. Nothing is real opinions on it, just bought corporate scripts. I can't adequately explain it, but you can't make turd polish out of crapola.

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
G4 kind of has been sucking, I lost it from having DirecTV, they sometimes have good stuff, last I saw it was already sloping down, X-Play drifted away from funny reviews to a gaming news show with biased reviews (I mean if they left X-Play and made a new show for news that'd be fine), AotS used to be fun but then they started shifting more to what movies are out and shit like that and didn't care...
Aside from E3 time main shows that really make it worth missing are "Ninja Warrior" and Banzuke, but I mean I watch the Japanese broadcasts of Sasuke (What it's known in Japan, also Kunoichi which is Women of Ninja Warrior) and those are the same thing, with more footage and much better editing, don't have graphics blocking the screen, you get the music that they play, sure you use subtitles but those aren't even accurate 90% of the time...
So yeah... Sure I would like the option of having G4 back but their quality has gone down.

emigre said:
In fairness a gamer who doesn't like Cops isn't a gamer at all.
Really? Ever heard of Grand Theft Auto?
tongue.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
In fairness a gamer who doesn't like Cops isn't a gamer at all.
playing cops repeats from the early 90's for 12 hours straight everyday, another 8 hours of cheaters, an hour and a half of college rent-a-cops, and hour of japanese game shows, and an hour and a half of actual technology and game related content
I cant imagine why people hate g4 now
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night