Why did preloader do this to me?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by triassic911, Apr 7, 2009.

Apr 7, 2009
  1. triassic911
    OP

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Ok, so I turned on my wii after a month or so of not using it. I wanted to install the usb 2.0 thing. Ok so I turned on my wii when my brother wanted to try out this new game ok whatever. Then I told him about preloader. I shut off the wii, turned it back on, held the reset button and there it was, the preloader menu. From there I chose to go to the system menu. When I go there however, ALL installed channels are gone. All I had were the news, photo, weather, internet disc, and homebrew channel. What I want to know is why did this happen? All channels and saves were gone.

2. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Lots of people are having this problem after installing Preloader, but there doesn't seem to be an explanation floating around. I dismissed it until I noticed that I too had a few wads that were definitely missing. In some cases, 1 or 2 wads go missing (me), and in other just about everything disappears. The channel gets deleted, but the tickets are left alone. Fortunately, it never touches the Homebrew Channel. Perhaps it will be fixed in Preloader 0.30, but as it stands, I'll deal with the minor inconvenience for the peace of mind that Preloader provides.

3. crwys

Member crwys GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    No wonder why i get ticket errors when installing and uninstalling channels via wad manager....

4. triassic911
    OP

United States
    Wow, and here I thought about upgrading to .29. What's the point if it does the same thing? I honestly don't have a problem with this, but my brother is pissed because his pokemon got lost on pokemon ranch.

5. drmarvin

Member drmarvin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I had something delete my Homebrew Launcher channel, but I'm not sure when it happened in the process of upgrading to 4.0U. I have heard that since the update of the System Menu is large, things might get deleted, but it might be related to preloader, I'm not sure though.

6. triassic911
    OP

United States
    I never upgraded to 4.0. The highest update I ever touched was 3.3 and even then, I downgraded to 3.2.