which verbatim DL discs to get?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Bladexdsl, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Bladexdsl
    OP

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i remember someone saying there's a particular verbatim brand you need to burn ssbb with but can't remember? i had this brand b4 and it didn't work than i got this other brand soneone suggested and it did work. i know theres 2 types of verbatim DL brands but dunno which one to get?

2. cooleothman

cooleothman Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2008
    Netherlands
    DVD-R is the best

3. Chanser

Chanser :o

Jun 27, 2006
    Monaco
    +-R will work, doesn't matter which one.

4. specht

specht GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2008
    Canada
    I've been using Verbatim DVD+R DL's with my Wii(Brawl) and 360 games and I've never had a problem. Though if you can get -R's I'd probably get that anyway just in case it's actually true that -R's are better. Though I haven't noticed a bit of difference with what I use them for.

5. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    Some modchips require you input a layerbreak on the smash bros iso to be able to be read properly. DVD-R DL cannot set a layerbreak. I think the wiikey is a chip where you do not need to set the layerbreak, so -R is fine in that case, but for the most part, I would safely go with +R.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice