Which is the best system for emulation?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by crimson_chin, Mar 29, 2009.

?

Which is the best system for emulation?

1. Wii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Playstation 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. PSP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Mar 29, 2009
  1. crimson_chin
    OP

Newcomer crimson_chin Newbie

Netherlands
    Hello. I have the Homebrew Channel on my Wii but i also have a custom firmware-PSP. My playstation 2 has not yet been modded. Which of these systems has the best emulators for all systems in terms of compatibility, emulation speed, features, etcetera?

2. r9delta

Banned r9delta Banned

United States
    PSP and Wii are pretty close in my opinion. I like the PSP because it has a lot of them (stuff like CPS1, 2, Neo geo, etc...) which isn't suprising...I like the Wii because the emulators it has are usually better as far as speed and stable framerate which isn't suprising either. The PS2 is just ultimately worthless for emulators, It isn't worth the time to mod, whether through hard mod or soft mod if you're only going to use it for emulators.

3. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    XBOX1. Even plays many N64 at full speed and multiplayer.

4. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    It's not well known, but I feel GP2X is by far the best one. I own one and it's totally awesome.

5. gblock247

Member gblock247 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'd say the regular Xbox as well. Dirt cheap, soft-modding is supposedly a breeze now and play old school consoles better than alot of PCs. Only flaw is that there's only a couple off controllers that give ya the "old console feel".

6. godsakes

Member godsakes GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    no.1 is xbox1 - FBA and mame cover most of the decent arcade games (but not all), the genesis emulator can even do mega CD and 32x games - also there's the bonus of being able to use XBMC (i can't recommend that program enough)

a close second is the PSP - play PSX games and there's great CPS1 & 2 & neogeo emulators (front end is better than the xbox versions), the genesis emulator can do mega CD games - i only wish the snes emulator was better

7. inde

Newcomer inde Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    for consoles xbox 1 is the best, all emulators (nes, snes, megadrive, ps1) etc etc with the exception of the n64 emu run at 720p/1080i through component also which make a world of difference.
    of course my first option for emulation is the pc but if you want a console for emulation cant go wrong with the original xbox, mine has served me well [​IMG]

8. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    It would be awesome, only for the sorry excuse of a dpad.

9. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Different ballpark. The Wii is a console, the PSP a handheld. As for Wii vs PS2, the PS2 is older and thus probably most bugs ironed out, however the Wii has more power. The PC naturally owns all of em aside from not being all that portable.

The GP2X is indeed nice, however it looses in power to the PSP. The DS loses even more. The pandora might be the way to go for now however it isn't released yet and it will be a while until it is.

10. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    For a console, Xbox by FAR. Wii comes second close behind. The PSP is great too, but it's a handheld. If you want a portable emulating machine, go for the PSP. If you want to play them on your TV, get an Xbox (the original one). As simple as that.

(I've never tried a GP2X/32, so I can't speak about those products...)