Which Controller for vWii Homebrew?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TerryHomes, Nov 1, 2014.

1. TerryHomes
    OP

TerryHomes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2011
    I am searching for a controller like the pro controller or wii classic controller (http://www.amazon.de/3-IN-1-Remote-...14876649&sr=8-7&keywords=wii+u+pro+controller) to install the homebrew Channel on my vWii and use the same controller for some Games (usb loader gx - which are compatibly) and especially all emualtors such as snes, gba, nes, wiisx, not64, etc ..

Or is the only chance to install homebrew to buy a nunchuck and furthermore a seperate controller ? I have only a wii u with the wii u gamepad atm and i really dont like the nunchuk /:

2. justinefremlouw

justinefremlouw GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2009
    United States
    Chi Town
    well, you need a wiimote for sure, because even wii classic controller requires a wiimote. pro controller is not compatible with any wii games, so that's out. Note that some wii games do not support the classic controller either (such as animal crossing), so your only option to play it is wiimote + nunchuk.

However, for the purpose of installing homebrew, I imagine classic controller would work as long as the game you are using for the exploit supports classic controller

3. Landbasered

Landbasered Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2014
    United States
    I got one of those controllers, TerryHomes
    You don't want it. The analgo sticks are loose, the connection to the system is faulty. There's a switch on the side that determines if its a classic controller or a wiimote, and it isn't labeled correctly. Plus, if you use it as a wiimote, you either have to hold it in one hand and move it around, or wave it with both hands. All around it's a good design, but not a good product.
    I recommend a wii remote and original classic controller. You can get them used, the classic controller will be about $8 instead of $20 for the classic controller pro, and the original classic controller has analog shoulder buttons for use with things like Nintendont or Devolution.