Gaming Which 360 and GH bundle should I get?

???

• 360 Arcade + GHWT full band kit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 360 60GB + GHWT guitar bundle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
By the time college term ends, I will have £150 (earned that up with 4 months of saving, will be eating £1 Tesco sandwiches for the next 2 weeks). I can get the GHWT band bundle!

My mum also promised to give me a 360 for Christmas so she will spend £130. She is most likely to get me the Arcade.

Some people say that having the 60GB hard drive is better so you don't need to buy it separately, with one of the reasons being pricey. So if I get the 60GB, I have to give my mum an extra £40 so that leaves me £110, meaning I won't be able to buy the full band kit and instead I only get to buy the guitar bundle.

So please answer the poll so I know what you, tempers, would be the better option for me. Should I get the Arcade + full band (and just wait for the 60GB Live starter pack to come out) or buy the 60GB + guitar bundle (and hope that the drums would be released separately.

SOME NOTES:
  • I will only play Guitar Hero World Tour, nothing else.
  • Mum will only spend £130 - no more, no less.
  • I read somewhere that the Live starter pack would be £50 or more.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R2DJ said:
By the time college term ends, I will have £150 (earned that up with 4 months of saving, will be eating £1 Tesco sandwiches for the next 2 weeks). I can get the GHWT band bundle!

My mum also promised to give me a 360 for Christmas so she will spend £130. She is most likely to get me the Arcade.

Some people say that having the 60GB hard drive is better so you don't need to buy it separately, with one of the reasons being pricey. So if I get the 60GB, I have to give my mum an extra £40 so that leaves me £110, meaning I won't be able to buy the full band kit and instead I only get to buy the guitar bundle.

So please answer the poll so I know what you, tempers, would be the better option for me. Should I get the Arcade + full band (and just wait for the 60GB Live starter pack to come out) or buy the 60GB + guitar bundle (and hope that the drums would be released separately.

SOME NOTES:
  • I will only play Guitar Hero World Tour, nothing else.
  • Mum will only spend £130 - no more, no less.
  • I read somewhere that the Live starter pack would be £50 or more.

go for a pre owned from gamestation or game with a hd you may manage to get a 60gb one for not much more than the arcade

I advise ... Try not going for the ARCADE if you can help it.... you will regret it as it has no HD! only a crappy mem card
frown.gif

although a 60gb hd with 3 month live gold subscription from PLAY.COM can be had for £54.99 NEW!

so if you could blag a solo console with a controller and no games you are onto a winner you only need to put £30 to the £30 left over from your mums money
smile.gif

...other questions are How desperate are you to play DRUMS ?? that would be a PLUS point to buy the full band set as the MIC from the live headset can be used with GHWT

the controllers from GH afaik work with GHWT so maby if you don't need drums you could just get the solus GHWT and one of the original GH games with a controller pre owned for a cheapo price
smile.gif

its all a matter of thinking logical maby after xmas there will be a few pre owned GHWT sets when people are bored of it lol
smile.gif

another thought would be MAKE YOUR OWN SANDWICHES.. buy cheap bread and fillings and make your own a loaf will do you a couple of days worth lol
smile.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
Guitar bundle. If you want drums , buy the rockband 2 ones separate when they release. Guitar hero drums suck.
I heard the GHWT drums pretty much made the RB drums look like a joke O.o

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do get an Arcade, make sure to get one manufactured after 10/15/08. Those are newer and less prone to overheating (and are quieter). If you're -only- going to be playing Guitar Hero, don't worry about the hard drive. The most you'll be downloading is a song or two, which will fit on a memory card.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you can stretch to £1.85 tesco do a delicious ham, cheese & mayo on brown.

Really really nice, I could live off them for weeks
smile.gif

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
science said:
If you have this deal somewhere in the UK, like, a Sam's Club type store, try and get this

http://kotaku.com/5068066/new-360-bundle-i...dle-of-them-all
If only they had that in UK stores, I would buy that definitely (replace GH3 with GHWT guitar bundle). Converting the price, that bundle would be between £180-£200.

sjones411, you said DLC can be stored on the little memory card? Well when I rented GHWT for the Wii, I only purchased 2 songs so I guess it is a plus for the Arcade option. Will I need a hard drive just to use Live?

And please, let's not turn this into a "Which sandwich bundle should I get?" thread. It isn't.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R2DJ said:
science said:
If you have this deal somewhere in the UK, like, a Sam's Club type store, try and get this

http://kotaku.com/5068066/new-360-bundle-i...dle-of-them-all
If only they had that in UK stores, I would buy that definitely (replace GH3 with GHWT guitar bundle). Converting the price, that bundle would be between £180-£200.

sjones411, you said DLC can be stored on the little memory card? Well when I rented GHWT for the Wii, I only purchased 2 songs so I guess it is a plus for the Arcade option. Will I need a hard drive just to use Live?

And please, let's not turn this into a "Which sandwich bundle should I get?" thread. It isn't.

It would be best to have a HD really with LIVE with all the free downloadable content it would make sense rather than try cram the free tracks that you can get with GH/GH:WT onto a feeble capacity mem card
smile.gif

Remember too there's loads of freebie demo/trial games to be downloaded from live along with loads of other cool stuff
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/l6ek7TmdGE8?si=k_qXsn8Finqhz70P +1