When's Windows Media Player 13 due out?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Centrix, Sep 16, 2011.

Sep 16, 2011
  1. Centrix
    OP

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    Figured I'd ask this, tried googling it with no luck. Please no bashing WMP as there is nothing wrong with it though I do use Foobar as my default audio player lol. I like WMP 12 and was thinking that since Windows 8 and IE10 are on the horizon both of which I have tested and enjoyed. Why no word on WMP 13t ? (if thats what they decided to call it after and when its released.)

Any ideas or links that could point me in the right direction? Any one gotten word of the next WMP in development yet?

2. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    No information on it, yet. I would assume it'll release with Windows 8.

Also, Zune is better.

3. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    They might just call it WMP14. They called Office 2010 version 14 despite '07 being number 12. Triskaidekaphobia at its finest.

And I think they screwed up with the WMP12 interface. WMP11 had a better one.

4. Centrix
    OP

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    Actually they called Office 15 despite the 2010 version lol, still wanna know what happen to office 2012, 2013 and 14?...lol, well they must have the new WMP not included or locked out cause I already ran through and tested most of the features that Windows 8 developers build offers...waiting on the beta build now!