Gaming When do you play?

Chiqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey. So I've bought myself a 2ds but I don't play really often. When I come home from work I have my computer and don't even look at the ds. So my question is, when do you play the 3ds?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I play my handhelds on my lunch break, at work.
30min a day.

And sometime at home, I play handheld instead of home console to progress in the story faster (it's often frustrating to play RPG only 30 mins per session)

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey. So I've bought myself a 2ds but I don't play really often. When I come home from work I have my computer and don't even look at the ds. So my question is, when do you play the 3ds?

What gets released for 3DS is vastly different from PC games and often even from Wii U games.
I think this is the main reason why Nintendo produces the 3DS XL, which isn't that much portable (if you exclude airplan trips and maybe teenager on the backseats in cars (I assume it is to large for smaller children)).
People play it as a console.
If you can't find games which catch you that much that you want to play them on your 3DS instand of PC games, you probably should revisit if you really need the 3DS.

Btw you should remove that "Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk" from your client. I assume it is rather irritating for some people to have non-english text at the end of the post and personaly it feels unpolite for me to use a different language on a english speaking board then english (expect in "let us communicate in ... offtopic/fun" threads, sure).

Last edited by VitaType,

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I mostly play it at home. I rarely use my DS/3DS outside since i have better things to do at the time.

And right now i play 3DS almost everyday since it has been 2 weeks since i got my 16GB SDHC, so i'm testing more apps and games.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I work the night shift, so my gaming time on anything is usually after most of the rest of the USA has gone to bed.

What gets released for 3DS is vastly different from PC games and often even from Wii U games.
I think this is the main reason why Nintendo produces the 3DS XL, which isn't that much portable (if you exclude airplan trips and maybe teenager on the backseats in cars (I assume it is to large for smaller children)).
People play it as a console.
If you can't find games which catch you that much that you want to play them on your 3DS instand of PC games, you probably should revisit if you really need the 3DS.
Honestly, while I was initially concerned about the lack of portability of the n3DSXL, I did finally cave and buy one. It's actually not that bad; I've been having trouble finding a good case for it like the one I have for my o3DS, but it fits in my pants pockets just fine.

Btw you should remove that "Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk" from your client. I assume it is rather irritating for some people to have non-english text at the end of the post and personaly it feels unpolite for me to use a different language on a english speaking board then english (expect in "let us communicate in ... offtopic/fun" threads, sure).
I'd probably care more if her actual message was in German, but this is a silly little ad-thing autogenerated by a cellphone app. It's more annoying that it's there than that it's not in English (but not much more). If anyone's really that offended that the Tapatalk signature isn't in English, I think they need to reevaluate their priorities.

Reactions: papryab

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I tend to play on the bus/public transport OR before work (I usually arrive early and sit in a community space and play a little bit). Also, I'm unemployed right now (using 3DS modding/CFW applications for a little spending money), so it's mostly modding and playing a few not time sinks.

Once Pokemon Sun/Moon are released...I can forsee a lot of gaming in my future. (Yes, I have it preordered on Amazon.)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what? If someone can make such a thing that makes you play it at home when you have a tv and console set up to play those kinds of games already. Those handhelds are too good. :P

Mobile devices are meant for something as to take with you which you do but sometimes is too good i play even at home when a supirior console with HD tv is right in front of me. Oh wel i can use the TV for other things like music, or web browsing. Besides, i bet everyone plays it in the bathroom. :P

D

Deleted User

when I was in school- in the free time after school and between lessons. actually, more of during lessons then between them. at home in bed, actually whenever I go out of the home I take it with me if im not too lazy... its lib of games is un-compare-able with any smartphone... also because of laziness I prefer it over my xb360 and laptop because it starts up faster and has more appealing UI.
I will play with my 3ds if any interesting games comes out like Pokemon or something.
Ha! he said interesting and pokemon in the same sentence w/o any negative word! LoL

Reactions: Justin20020

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends, when there's a game i'm interested i can invest lots of time, my resistance towards playing videogames sure has been running low, I can barely scratch the 2 or 3 hour mark when playing them, i'm not the same as before who could play for so long, either way, when i'm in the mood and i feel like using my 3DS, I do have lots of fun while at it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr