What will you do?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Blue-K, Nov 20, 2008.

Nov 20, 2008

What will you do? by Blue-K at 12:25 PM (2,057 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. Blue-K
    OP

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    So, I'm interessted what you will do in the Future with your Wii, since Nintendo now begins to fight back....I'm shure they've only started now, more will come (Homebrew-Channel delete, Online-Banning, etc...)

I'm currently on 3.2, have a Modchip and I'm thinking to upgrade in Future normally...I have enough of Games that don't work or need patching... (Need for Speed, ACWW, etc...)...If Team Twiizers won't find a good Backdoor again, I think I will give up Homebrew, and update normally...since Modchips are still safe...I will wait a few weeks/months, and see what happens...

So, what will you do with your Wii? Will you be on the safe side and update normally, or do you can life with the litle risk? Tell me [​IMG]

@All: Sorry if this was the wrong Topic, please move it..thanks!

2. Dsthunder

Newcomer Dsthunder Member

United States
    I personally won't update past 3.2u, and like the psp, if we can get CSM up and running, it will be the same scenario.
    nint3nd0 is only just starting to block homebrew, at least now that they know their console's potential.
    so when we get a custom firmware, we will be all set..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Beatchu

Member Beatchu GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I didn't think they could online ban, because the discs are perfect copies, and they aren't unique...

I tried a modchip once, a d2pro9 v3 + clip on d2b cut pins. It didn't work and I got pissed off and threw it in the bin [​IMG]

So I think i'll risk it

4. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    I have a modchip, so playing backups is always possible.
    If I really have to give up homebrew, then so be it. But I think hackers will always be able to fight back.

5. Blue-K
    OP

Switzerland
    @Dsthunder: You say that a Custom Firmware will save us...Does that mean Nintendo can't bann you with a Custom Firmware? I don't think so...but If we would be definitely safe with a Custom-Firmware I would change...

6. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    i will get a ps4 in 2011 ha [​IMG]

7. BBking83

Member BBking83 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Old thread I know, but hey...

What do you mean by Modchips are still safe?? When I upgraded from 3.1E to 3.4E, half by backups wouldn't work. I think some Nintendo updates intended to block modchips and more will in the future. I have a Wiikey 1.9s and they'll abandon that cause of the Wiikey V2.

At the moment, I'm happy where I am. Successfully downgraded to 3.2E and every single one of my games (DVD's/VC/WiiWare) work. AnyTitleDeleter is a useful app. Got me out of -1035 errors but I spose there maybe a time where newer games won't work? I can still play online and haven't come across any titles I haven't got working without patching.

Nintendo can't make you update everytime with new and latest title releases cause not everyone has their Wii connected to the internet. Its when you want to play online which maybe tricky.

If patching gets abandoned, I'll stay where I am. Only a title I am very interested in will I update and not worry about the HBC or the modchip.

Anyway, its been a few months since you posted. Where are you at now?

8. Snave2008

Member Snave2008 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I think that most will just hit the 3.2 firmware untill CSM is released. Whilst Nintendo has done some updates to combat homebrew I don't think they will throw everything they have at stopping it otherwise they would've done so by now.

And with banning people online, it's never going to happen. They're poor online infrastructure means that at worse they could only ban you from one game - and by adding a new profile/Mii to a game usually gives you a new friend code anyway so I guess you'd never be stopped.

Untill the Wii piracy scene hits the levels of the DS I don't think Nintendo will do anything other than the odd update that requires the clever folks around here half hour to get around.

9. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Homebrew doesn't mean much to me, not untill some decent emulators/games come out.
    So I would probably ditch homebrew and go for backup games all the way [​IMG]

10. Blue-K
    OP

Switzerland
    First: Damm...how did you found this tread? This was realy lost...

Anyways, where I'm now? Well, on the same place as in the first post: on 3.2E with Homebrew. I 'll wait, and look how long I can stay there. After that, I have to decide...and for me, these are my opinions/possibilites:

1)Well, like someone said before: cSM looks promising...but I will wait with cSM until it proved that it can fight back from the Attacks that Nintendo will start against it.
    2)Well, at the Modchip: Also a WiiKey 1.9s...maybe I need to upgrade to a newer one...but not yet...Backups is one of the Things I won't give up...
    3)Give up Homebrew...yeah...the last thing I'll do..have a little changed my mind...but still possible [​IMG]

Greez Blue-K

11. snikerz

Member snikerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Liechtenstein
    I don't care if they ban me. Nintendos online service sucks. Homebrew rules [​IMG]

12. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    Nintendo needs focus on localizating more japanese games, release a storage solution, release more VC/WiiWare game -lastly the output of this game is terrible- Instead focusing in kill HBC.

What I fear is not be able to play games that doesn't launch outside Japan, that would a let down for me, HBC is great, you have the whole backup library of NeoGeo, NES, SNES, Genesis, GBA. So lost HBC is a big deal for me.

Nintendo can keep its shitty City Folk rehash for what I care. In other hand, if they release a HBC killer through Pikmin 3... that could be devasting.

13. Midnightzak

Member Midnightzak GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I refuse to hard-mod my Wii, dunno why but I've just never been comfortable with it.

I am currently using either 3.2 or 3.3 with the WiiGator Backup Loader and it works with all the games I am interested in playing. Nintendo's online service sucks too much for me to care if I somehow got banned. Seriously, try playing SSBB online, its just dumb.

Most homebrew games I downloaded, had fun for a few minutes and haven't gone back to. Best homebrew app I've found is the Linux media player (cant remember the name) and I could even do without that. I do also enjoy booting up some NES emulators and playing Punch Out or Mario from time to time.

If homebrew dies then its not the end of the world. I buy the games I really want to support and download the others. Most downloads I end up playing for a few hours and tossing anyway. Mind you I think homebrew is really cool and that there are alot of talented people out there that enjoy providing for it. Cheers!

14. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Using 3.4U and Wiikey v1 (1.9s), and everything works perfectly right now. Like always, I will look to see what an update does before I install it. If it is safe (meaning I can still load applications from the Homebrew Channel) or the benefits outweigh the costs, I will download it.

As for Nintendo WFC banning people, that will never happen. Period.

15. Wiisel

Member Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    guess if things got worse and games got better i would just buy another wii, if homebrew was killed then i would just move on to the next thing to tinker with since ive never played a vc game or online i doubt theres much for me to miss and all the emulation can be done on pretty much anything with a display. looking at the current library available i doubt the wii will have a be all and end all title that would force you to choose.

unless they did a port of Panzer Dragoon Orta then im all for it as that game is begging for wii controls [​IMG]

16. davedeluxe

Member davedeluxe GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    so it also provides me

17. BBking83

Australia
    Okay. So not many people are interested in the HBC (either don't use it any more or willing to give it up).

I have pretty much only use the HBC for VC/WiiWare and downgrading. I think its pretty useful.

I'm also pretty new to it. I installed my Wiikey about 6 months ago and the HBC a few weeks ago. What is this cMS, if you don't mind explaining...?

18. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    cSM is a custom menu system that Forsaekn is presently working on - he had a bit of a hiccup when his 2 wiis went awol but he is back in business again now i believe.
    Its slow going as he doesnt want to break anything again

19. BBking83

Australia
    Okay, cool!!

I'm not fussed as to how long it takes. People put alot of free time and effort into these things.

cSM, is differnt to cIOS yeah? And the cSM will... let us play new games that require a Nintendo update?

Thanx for your helpful info GBA!! [​IMG]

20. Phratt

Member Phratt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'll forever be into homebrew.

I'll probably have the latest Emus and the latest brick protection on my Wii, while just loading back-ups freely.