Hacking What replacement top screen to buy?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just bought a DS off eBay (for the soul purpose of modding) for £25, but the top screen is broken.

I was looking through DealExtreme, but they seem to have more than one top screen. Which, those of you that have bought a replacement screen, would you say is the better? It doesn't have to be from DX, just as long as the price is reasonable.

Also, can you reccomend any replacement cases/advice? I don't yet know how responsive the buttons are, so I might get new buttons pads, or maybe even a new touch screen module if it's really scratched. But I don't want to buy them until I get the console, but then I have to wait for DX to ship...

Thanks.

Edit: This is what the screen looks like currently.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, didn't realise one was sold out!

Out of curiousity, do replacement cases come with that film that goes over the top screen? I think it may be damaged on the DS I bought.

Edit: By film, I mean the bit over the top screen that you have to peel off the old one and stick back onto the new one.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
ShatteredScreens said:
Thanks, didn't realise one was sold out!

Out of curiousity, do replacement cases come with that film that goes over the top screen? I think it may be damaged on the DS I bought.

Edit: By film, I mean the bit over the top screen that you have to peel off the old one and stick back onto the new one.

Some do.

My see-through black one from DX came with one, BUT I cannot guarantee every replacement housing cases come one, but it may have it if it has other stuff. Other thing you may get is the border for touch screen so you cannot go over the area of touch if you replace touch screen too.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's one of the one's from DX. Just not the black one, but the clear blue and white ones. Hopfully it'll come with one
smile.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
ShatteredScreens said:
It's one of the one's from DX. Just not the black one, but the clear blue and white ones. Hopfully it'll come with one
smile.gif

Hopefully it will.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Might make a little blog of the repair and mod... I'll take some pictures of the condition it's in at the moment (heavy water damaged top screen, loads of scuffs etc).

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DS arrived. Waiting for cases and screen to arrive.

Decided to order a touch screen module also, since the touch screen wont calibrate. But that hasn't even shipped yet (ordered 4 days ago).

Here's what the screen looks like. I may post some more images of the DS later. Other problems are scratched up case, scratched touch screen, and large crack on the hinge.

Edit: Did manage to get screen to calibrate, eventually. But even after that, it's still way off and there seems to be a 'dead' spot in the center.

Edit 2: Could a mod please kindly change the title of the thread to "My DS repair and mod" or something like that... Going to take and post pictures as I go. Should be good if all goes well...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz