Hacking What needs to be removed with CBHC?

themightyquinn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have someone who wants to buy my Wii U tomorrow and to keep them from doing stupid stuff and bricking it I would like to return it back to (mostly) stock. I have CBHC installed and the vWii has homebrew channel with Wiiflow injected to the WiiU. I feel comfortable leaving the vWii modded.

What happens if I uninstall CBHC? Will injected VC content brick the Wii if CBHC is uninstalled? If I backed up games to the console using WUP GX2 would those brick the system if run without CBHC? Do I need to leave my Nintendo account on the system for things to continue to work?

Thanks for any info.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
What happens if I uninstall CBHC?
Nothing...for the case you uninstall it correctly through the cbhc installer.

Will injected VC content brick the Wii if CBHC is uninstalled?
Nope. Only the titles are not longer bootable.

If I backed up games to the console using WUP GX2 would those brick the system if run without CBHC?
Worst case is, they are not longer bootable if the game has dlc's ofc.

Do I need to leave my Nintendo account on the system for things to continue to work?
No.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do not worry. I've uninstalled cbhc before to place it on another game (even uninstalled the original cbhc title after uninstalling cbhc itself and redownloaded that game from the eshop) and nothing bad happened. do note that your tickets will remain intact though even if you format the system. you can delete them manually, but it won't really matter. the buyer won't be able to use them without the account that bought them/installed them on the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: