1. RyuShinobi500

OP RyuShinobi500 C0D3 N1Nj4

United States
    I am looking for a good graphics engine and a compatible 3ds sculpting machine I was wondering if you have any suggestions thanks

ClassyDragon likes this.
  2. annoo

annoo Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    In my oppinion if you want to start from scratch OpenGL is a good option, but it is not a fully fledged graphcs engine. OpenGL just provices you with methods to interact with you graphics card and draw stuff etc. You will have to implement a lot of thing by yourself.
    Otherwise i could recommend you Ogre3D.

RyuShinobi500 likes this.
  3. ClassyDragon

ClassyDragon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I personally only have experience with the SFML library. It's a pretty intuitive system for 2D games but I haven't really looked into its 3D capabilities. I've also heard good things about GLFW, which is what I plan on learning next.

SFML makes setting up windows easy and provides a bunch of classes that can be drawn to those windows, such as sprites and rectangles. The general structure is a loop that updates and draws these objects to the window buffer and then displaying the updated buffer to the window. I'd highly recommend checking it out if you haven't learned anything about graphics libraries yet, it's a good starting point.

RyuShinobi500 likes this.
  4. RyuShinobi500

OP RyuShinobi500 C0D3 N1Nj4

United States
    Okay thanks I will look into it

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - graphics, engine,