What is the best controller for PC games?

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing anything that is not an fps with the mouse and keyboard sucks.
PS4 controller IMO if you need gyro and rumble. Otherwise an Xbox 360 controller or PS3 controller, maybe a Switch Pro controller (with gyro and rumble). I don't recommend an Xbox One controller because the triggers break pretty easily. Haven't tried the PS5 controller.

Or a Steam controller if you can actually find one.

Last edited by Guacaholey,

SpazzyShinobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I didn't actually explain my preference in my post, so here it goes: I personally find that the PS4 controller is a godsend for emulators. Not only that it has gyro support for Wii, Wii U, and Switch, but also the D-pad isn't trash for older games. I play a lot of GBA and NDS games and the PS4 controller is just amazing. Not to mention that any current game supports PS4 controllers.

Reactions: retrospect

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a PS3 controller with the Magic-NS dongle. I’d like to upgrade to the Xbox one series x controller. The PS3 controller has that familiar layout that I’ve always loved and the d-pad is very nice. It’s just an old squeaky controller that feels like it’s age.

Reactions: BigOnYa

SilverDen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have used a X360 controller for about 5 years and just got a Dualsense controller about 2 months ago. The difference is insane, would never use another controller again.

Reactions: Guacaholey

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One would assume that the best controller for PC games would be something that has Bluetooth support, long lasting battery usage, and comfortable grip. However, I wish to dash those so called "needed" features, as all you really need is a controller that you never need to recharge, a comfortable grip, and also the capabilities to talk to your team at any moment without having to put down the controller and then switching over to another peripheral all together. Do you lack extra buttons for Select, Thumbstick presses, and a second bumper? Yes, but honestly depending on what game you may not even need them~

IMG_3654.jpg

LeonTheo02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I specifically bought an XBOX Elite in 2017, even though I dont even own an XBOX just for my PC. Would never switch to any other controller again, as that one actually has some decent weight to it.

Reactions: emcintosh

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use a wired XBox360 controller on my PC and love it, especially the triggers. The Switch Pro Controller is good too ( it has better face buttons than the x360 one and can work over Bluetooth) but the triggers aren't analogue, so that's a downside. Both have a very comfortable grip. I'm flirting with the 8bitdo Pro 2 and maybe would look into getting a PS4 controller if the money falls into my lap, but for now I'm quite happy with the two I've got.

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wii U Pro Controller.
I use it for generic PS3, Switch and PC games that don't work so well on K+M.
That battery man, it's a blessing from heavens.

I also occasionally use the DS4, DualSense and Hori FC4 pro fighting games, but the Wii U Pro is my first pick, always.

Reactions: emcintosh and Wolfy

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get a Mayflash adapter on Amazon for about $25.

Then you can use any controller you want.

I was using a Dualshock 4 on PC but got tired of the weak battery life, so I bought a Wii U Pro which has 50+ hours of battery.

Reactions: AlexMCS

BinaryGears

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say PS4 with DS4Windows software. I never used an Xbox that much so I am biased but most games seem to work well with it; I would say there might be some issue with games that were supposed to use a "weirder" controller like GameCube games but I would probably go for some custom controller or something in that case.

kaiserkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently using a 360 controller, but only because my ps4 controller broke. The only issues you come in to with the ps4 controller is that sometimes, the game doesn['t support it natively, so you have to jump though a few extra hoops.

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Playing anything that is not an fps with the mouse and keyboard sucks.
For PC games I'd say that the 360 controller served me very well, big for my hands and had a good layout alongside.

Unfortunately it was only for a brief time as it broke down once I lended it to a friend

(although it was 5 years old at that point and he was taking very good care of it).

I'd say that for PC games maybe I'd get the Series X controller as I prefer the layout a bit more compared to PlayStation.

As I'd rather use mouse & keyboard to supplement gyro for FPS games as well.

However when considering emulation then as a general contended between the 2 the DS5 is the winner, it has gyro, touchpad
with a good general layout for both 2-D dpad games and 3D ones as well (even if I prefer it less to Xbox).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.