What Is A Bricked System?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by JsdMaNintendo, Oct 19, 2010.

Oct 19, 2010
  1. JsdMaNintendo
    OP

Newcomer JsdMaNintendo Advanced Member

United States
    I know this question sounds stupid to you probably, but I'm pretty much a n00b with this kinda stuff, and I couldn't find anything on these forums, and again, I'm not exactly experienced with forums. Haha,
    But it's pretty straight forward. What does it mean when a system is Bricked, and what causes it?
    I was on NintendoLife looking at a forum talking about Netflix on the Wii, and how it forces an update when you get it, and he said that he was afraid of getting a Bricked Wii from it, and also said that he didn't hack at all. I'm guessing that it's probably a system that has been basically banned or remotely terminated, so that all it can be used for is a brick now, but I want to be sure, and I figured this'd the best and safest place to ask it without possible personal ramification.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for the answers [​IMG]
    And no, I don't want personal experience with a Bricked system. Thanks for the offer though! [​IMG] Haha

2. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    A bricked system is a system that can't do anything, therefore it's as useful as a brick (Providing you don't own any mortar)

3. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    Damn you ali [​IMG]

I love answering this question:

"A bricked [insert console name here] is as useful as an actual brick"
    [​IMG]

4. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    If you ever want a personal experience of having a bricked console let us know [​IMG]

I'm sure the tempers have many different ways to brick a wii!

5. alidsl

United Kingdom
    @Pi: Yes, but if you have mortar then that renders the system less useful than a brick

A more accurate explanation would be that a bricked system is as useful as a semi-colon

6. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    Bricking is so lame. For example: If you put the wrong updates , like wood r4 on a R4SDHC, it might brick, or put the wrong stuff on a wii, causing it to brick. You could just use it to throw it though, thats actual exercise instead of wiisports [​IMG]

7. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
  8. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    Does this mean if we get all the noobs who bricked their wii's and grab some mortar we can make a nintendo house [​IMG]

9. alidsl

United Kingdom
    Perhaps... I think there's a problem with the shape though. Perhaps if we used PSP's aswell... [​IMG]

10. RE4zombie

Member RE4zombie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    A bricked console is now effectively an expensive brick as it cannot do much except function like a brick. The best use of a bricked system is a paperweight.

11. Sacohen9665

Member Sacohen9665 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    They make a good door stop too.