Hacking What happens if wrong NAND is flashed?

Henning B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I didn't make my own Pandora battery either even though I know how to make one - why would I slice open an original (and expensive) Sony battery instead of buying a cheap no-name TOOL battery? It makes no sense to me at all, I want my original accessories to be in good shape. :P
I think he was referring to the recovery menu option to convert the battery.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think he was referring to the recovery menu option to convert the battery.
It's my understanding that this function doesn't work unless you modify the battery. It also wasn't available to me either way when I needed my Pandora - I fooled around with the firmware already at that point and *cough cough* I needed a working Pandora there and then. :P

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't make my own Pandora battery either even though I know how to make one - why would I slice open an original (and expensive) Sony battery instead of buying a cheap no-name TOOL battery? It makes no sense to me at all, I want my original accessories to be in good shape. :P

There was a homebrew app that would put your battery in service mode without opening it up. I used the ChickHEN exploit on my brother's PSP 2000, put in my 1000 battery, and used the service mode to downgrade and flash. From there, you could use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher to swap it from service mode to regular, and vice versa.

Reactions: Foxi4

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't have to cut open the battery to make it into a pandora, you just had to flash the chip on it to make it into one, I fliped my psp 1000 battery back and forth to and from a pandora battery until it stopped holding a charge, and then left it as one.

Ninja'd

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There was a homebrew app that would put your battery in service mode without opening it up. I used the ChickHEN exploit on my brother's PSP 2000, put in my 1000 battery, and used the service mode to downgrade and flash. From there, you could use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher to swap it from service mode to regular, and vice versa.
Fancy. I don't think that was a "thing" back when I modified my PSP - we had to play with razor blades, y'see. :P

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
umad?
f343c69e6b.png

shame on you, my original psp battery was a pandora battery! who the hell buys one! (and yes i was safe against brick)

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It's my understanding that this function doesn't work unless you modify the battery. It also wasn't available to me either way when I needed my Pandora - I fooled around with the firmware already at that point and *cough cough* I needed a working Pandora there and then. :P

you could turn a normal battery to pandora with a homebrew... there was no need to modify phisically anything, the homebrew flashed the serial of the battery... all done through software, you just needed to borrow a psp already with cfw from a friend or something..

there was an alternative solution for thoose without access to an already softmodded psp, which was to open the battery with a knife and cut a connection on the chip... and the last option was to buy one from third party xD

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
back on topic.....simple fix....dump the nands again and lable them properly

for bonus fun, dump the nand again on one console, open it up in a hex editor and compare the start of the file with the unlabeled dumps.....the one that matches is from that console, the one that doesn't is from the other console

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
back on topic.....simple fix....dump the nands again and lable them properly

for bonus fun, dump the nand again on one console, open it up in a hex editor and compare the start of the file with the unlabeled dumps.....the one that matches is from that console, the one that doesn't is from the other console

I only needed his NAND because he downgraded from 9.2.0. Dumping his NAND now wouldn't achieve what I need. I figured if he ever wanted to go back to that, his NAND backup would be his only option.

I think I managed to determine which is which by injecting it into emuNAND, but I'll confirm with a hex editor just in case. Either way, they've been named properly now :P.

Reactions: gamesquest1

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a moment of stupidity, I've placed both my brother's backed up NAND in the same folder as my own, and don't remember which is which. I know flashing the wrong NAND is bad, but I'm wondering if the Gateway menu will stop me if the wrong file is selected? Not keen on trying myself in case it doesn't.

RIP IN PEPPERONI, 3DS...

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
Like I said, the NAND dump was made on 9.2 before he downgraded, so if he wanted to go back, he could restore the backup. Now that he's on 4.5, that's no good.

I was going to say they should still be on the original SD cards, but I'm guessing they were formatted?

vinhdt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a moment of stupidity, I've placed both my brother's backed up NAND in the same folder as my own, and don't remember which is which. I know flashing the wrong NAND is bad, but I'm wondering if the Gateway menu will stop me if the wrong file is selected? Not keen on trying myself in case it doesn't.

Just delete both nands and redo the nand backup again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram