Hacking What exactly does a forwarder do?

icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i see posts about the loader.dol files and i know what those are and how to run them and i know what wad files are and do but what are the forwarders and what do they do?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
forwarders are .dol files to be injected into a wad.
But instead of that forwarder being the actual application, it will just load another specific dol from SD.
That way, when the application gets updated, you only have to replace its dol on sd. And the channel can stay the same.

icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think i understand now.

So if waninkoko releases v1.2 i can just take his dol file and put it on the sd card but keep the same wad channel ive been using?

Also how is the install process? Anything special have to be done?
I know the dol file would have to be in the apps folder of its own but what about the wad?

Do i just install the wad and the forwarder is inbedded in the wad? and once its installed it looks for the dol file from the sd card?

icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha

Might have to try this out later tonight after the kids go to bed.

Anyone got a link to a good looking forwarder wad?

Also if i use waninkoko original usb1.1 dol file wont his images show when it loads?

Because ive seen a few posts about forwarders and there are custom images for it that have to go into a certain folder but would those over ride the images from the dol file?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
Also if i use waninkoko original usb1.1 dol file wont his images show when it loads?

Because ive seen a few posts about forwarders and there are custom images for it that have to go into a certain folder but would those over ride the images from the dol file?
1- Yes
2- No, because those dols don't actually have an image in them, the image is hosted on the SD card

And I don't know where to find/know how to make fowarders.

icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ive been looking.I found one but the dol wasnt included in the download.It just said use your own.

So if i use waninkoko dol file with this forwarder i found will the new forwarder images show? as long as they are in the right folders?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0