What? DealWoot is evolving! *Update*

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Acetic Orcein

Acetic Orcein GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2008
    Earth
    Aww that's wonderful!
    A new image could do wonders! And though I've never personally used dealwoot.com in the past, I hope to claim the prize peruse the new website in the future and examine all the interesting offers. Thank you Game By Game!

2. dagreenone

dagreenone Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2008
    United States
    North Carolina
    Well the new name is a lot more easy to remember, and free shipping is always a plus.

3. moogle87

moogle87 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2003
    United States
    I guess I'll get something from them in the future. I wanted a new flash card that'll use hcsd.

4. lord0fshred

lord0fshred GBAtemp Regular

Jan 10, 2009
    United States
    My House
    I've never bought from the site, but I've heard nothing but good things around here, I'mma check it out when I get a new flashcart C:

5. f3ar000

f3ar000 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Gratz to Game By Game! Im actually thinking about getting an EZ Flash 3in1 now

6. Orta

Orta Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2006
    ::1
    Good news. I've been thinking of getting a new cart, might as well get it from Deal... GameByGame! [​IMG]

7. Duplicated

Duplicated Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2009
    United States
    At last! A thread that states that Dealwoot still offer the same great service, though the name is changed.

8. Upas

Upas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2007
    United States
    Washington, DC
    I've never personally ordered from DealWoot, but from what I've heard, they were great.

I'm glad they'll be just as great with a new name! But I wonder exactly why they decided to change.

9. IBNobody

IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Texas, Hang 'Em High
    How often do they restock their products?

10. miravisu

miravisu Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2009
    Oh, I came looking for DS Lite info, and found lots, and a raffle.. [​IMG]

I hadn't heard of this site before.. but DealWoot, did make me think of Dealw00t, which might not give the most serious impression. So in my opinion GameByGame sounds a bit classier, and probably is easier to remember to, given it features the word "game" twice. Not to mention how many others have confused it/or assumed others confused it with DealExtreme.

The only thing that I find a bit confusing on GameByGame's webby is their FAQ, and its lack of info regarding international shipping info. It's always a good thing to state international shipping is available in a FAQ. Especially since for the most part the FAQ otherwise seems to assume anyone reading is American, ie first FAQ question being "Q: Is your shipping really FREE?"

When one tests adding an item to the cart, and then clicks cart and selects country to ship, say Sweden, one can see there are two shipping options available, one without and one with tracking. So maybe a rewrite of FAQ would be in order. And perhaps also some chart showing average costs for international shipping, based on weight or some such. Then again, international delivery rates might make an international order a bit pricey, even if the price for the item itself was a good one.

11. Dragonrage

Dragonrage Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    The Sun
    Dealwoot was a great website that had reliable service, I am so happy that they are going to make it even better.

12. saulin

saulin GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2003
    Sweet. Maybe if I win I'll get me a DSi [​IMG]

13. incognito54

incognito54 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2005
    Portugal
    Too bad they're not EU based... I don't like having to pay customs.

14. Cory321

Cory321 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2009
    United States
    When I visited GbaTemp yesterday, I noticed that the name changed, I think it's best. [​IMG]

Also now everyone will know that you sell Games for the name of the site, because with DealWoot no one can surely know that you sell game things related.

I've never bought from you, but I think you're fast and responsible, I will keep visiting your site, when you add the Wii Accessories, probably I'll buy a cool one! [​IMG]

I wish you the best luck!! [​IMG]

15. burp61

burp61 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    doubt it with only 3 theres a very slim chance for each of us but anyways good luck!!!!

16. Reaper

Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

Oct 14, 2008
    United States
    I haven't shopped at DW before. Only DX [​IMG]

17. blooddrake

blooddrake GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2009
    Brazil
    santo andré
    does free shipping to brazil?

18. DarkMind

DarkMind Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2002
    Greece
    Greece
    thanks for your offer. I wish you the best luck GameByGame

19. thatguy123

thatguy123 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2009
    United States
    wow same day shipping :wtf:. That's some service. I may consider buying from them in the near future.

20. |Wolf|

|Wolf| Lord of the Wolves

Apr 4, 2004
    Canada
    Nice website.I'm used to order from dealextreme but as I am not as patient I used to be will be lot shorter to order from them. Will give a try.

- Wolf back from the deads