Android What can I do with this Android media box?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last year, I bought this Android media box:

http://www.iboum.com/pr/blueand84.php

Playing videos was okay but the thing that I absolutely hate was the way they just slapped on the tablet interface and expect us to use the remote control for everything. Seeing, "touch the icon to drag to your homescreen" is laughable but all it does is create so much frustration in the end. My question is this, is there such a thing as a custom rom where it's focused mainly on people using remote controls?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess you could pick up one of the android games pads ( Or maybe the controller could be used in the same way ) and get a custom rom that lets you control the OS with the controller

I'd check the XDA developers forums, they're a great place to start with Android Rom queries

Also I guess you could get one of the RDP apps and remote control the box with your PC

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess you could pick up one of the android games pads ( Or maybe the controller could be used in the same way ) and get a custom rom that lets you control the OS with the controller

I'd check the XDA developers forums, they're a great place to start with Android Rom queries

http://www.xda-developers.com/

That was another thing, it has three USB ports so I bought a £1 bluetooth adapter to try and get my Wiimote working on a snes emulator. Unfortunatly the default android setting removed ALL things related to bluetooth so I have no idea how to enable it again. Although I think personally the fact that I spent £1 on a bluetooth adapter doesn't help as well.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That was another thing, it has three USB ports so I bought a £1 bluetooth adapter to try and get my Wiimote working on a snes emulator. Unfortunatly the default android setting removed ALL things related to bluetooth so I have no idea how to enable it again. Although I think personally the fact that I spent £1 on a bluetooth adapter doesn't help as well.

Your best bet would be to root the device and flash a more useful Rom,this is definitely the first step to making the device more useful, this will also give you a factory fresh device in a sense meaning you can change/modify all the settings to your hearts content as they manufacture may have locked down certain features. I'm guessing it's running an official android build ( Probably something as low as 2.1 ) which is massively outdated

Edit : Nvm I just read the product info and it's running ICS

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Low activity devices don't get custom rom. Just sayin. Also, thats not how it works. You cant just plug in bluetooth stick and expect it to work.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh well, I guess it was wishful thinking to expect a cheap bluetooth adapter to work miracles. Anyways, I'm using Snes9x EX emulator so what are the chances of a wired USB SNES controller like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNES-Retr...K_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item232c18a419

working with Snes9x EX?

Normally I would give up on using an Android for SNES gaming but when I dug out my old hacked Xbox to play SNES games, it actually got uncomfortable to play with the old Xbos controllers.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to find a "Google TV" device.

It's Android, but with a remote-friendly interface.

Also, the Play Store will then only show you apps for non-touch devices.

Check on forums before you buy to find one with an active community of so desired.

Not being able to easily update/change devices such as this is why embedded platforms can be a huge pain in the ass.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try to find a "Google TV" device.

It's Android, but with a remote-friendly interface.

Also, the Play Store will then only show you apps for non-touch devices.

Check on forums before you buy to find one with an active community of so desired.

Not being able to easily update/change devices such as this is why embedded platforms can be a huge pain in the ass.

Any specific models? I type in "Google TV" and all I seem to get are HDMI sticks and from what I can see, it almost looks like they do the usual, "throwing in a tablet interface".

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I actually experimented some more with my current Android box and I tried getting XBMC working on it. Unfortunately it's now lagging badly so I guess this box is not up to the task anymore. There's been a lot of Android TV boxes for sale but is there a chipset I should be on the lookout for?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme or onlyfans?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme for the homeless
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My dog used to chase off my neighbors cat from our yard, till one day the cat stood its ground, and paw slapped the shit out of my dog, now the cat wonders thru my yard, and my dog don't even care anymore, he's like f that cat. Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So just slap your dog when I'm climbing out urewifes window
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just use the front door, dumbass
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what if you see him?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then slap your dog?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He can tag me in...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah last time I just looked at bigonya and said the heavy works already done
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    That's @slaphappygamer 's job to slap
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh hi nick
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I think he's from Ohio
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ohhioh Nick
    +2