1. JustOkay

OP JustOkay Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm just trying to clean up my SD card and I'm wondering what's safe to delete and what isn't. I've attached a photo of the root of the SD card, also the wads folder is empty.

Attached Files:

2. JuanMena

JuanMena Politically Incorrect ♥️
    Suspended

Mexico
    Wipe everything.

Literally everything is safe to delete dude.

Last edited by JuanMena, Feb 28, 2021
  3. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Cyprus
    you can use modmii's fileclean up function, but it will only look to remove things ModMii saves\installs, it will tell you what it will delete and ask you to confirm before it deletes anything

alexander1970 and jeannotte like this.
  4. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    what you 'can delete' depends on exactly what you're currently using/wanna use on the wii.
    *You should always just move files to your PC - so you can reinstate them if there's any unexpected problems*
    but at a glance I would offer:

.bin files
    nand.bin &keys.bin are important - keep these stored somewhere for if you need them
    nincfg.bin - this is the configuration settings for Nintendont (Gamecube games player)

(x6) .wad files on root - these normally can be removed once installed. You'll probably have a bunch of them in 'wad' folder as well.
    (x6) text docs - not sure about 'APACHE-2.0' or 'installer' - but you can remove the other four
    syscheck - can be removed

FOLDERS:
    wad - usually holds .wad files for install, once done not needed until you're gonna uninstall em
    vbagx - holds support files for Gameboy emulator
    fceugx - holds support files for NES emulator
    txtcodes AND codes - normally for game cheats (.gct)
    bslug - files for brainslug (online play) I've never used/installed it so I dont know?
    Riivolution - normally contains some .xml files for disc patching on the fly with Riivolution app
    NeoGamma - holds support settings file for Neogamma app.
    Private - think thats for titles you have saved to SD within the wii settings
    apps - leave that one there! its all the apps you have in your Homebrew Channel

hope the above helps a little :)

Last edited by fatherjack, Feb 28, 2021
  5. XFlak

Cyprus
    U may not want to leave all the apps there. May not want to allow kids to have access to MMM for example

godreborn likes this.
  6. JustOkay

OP JustOkay Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you so much!

7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    bootmii, apps, and saves are also important. apps are your wii apps, bootmii is for bootmii obviously (not needed, so I'd just back it up), and saves are for nintendont (gamecube). most things can be deleted from your list, but that's what I noticed from a quick skim.

JustOkay and XFlak like this.
  8. XFlak

Cyprus
    There's also one of Modmii's downloads (in classic download page 2) for a locked Categorii apps folder, so the apps you move to its separate folder for locked apps can only be accessed with a password

Edit: hey, I didn't get a notification for quoting myself! Wtf! lol jk

Last edited by XFlak, Feb 28, 2021
    JustOkay and godreborn like this.
  9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    probably good if you have kids or someone else who might not know what they're doing with the system. I'm the only one who games in my house, so I don't have those sorts of problems. I'd only be afraid of the wii u and the ps4 probably brick or update. the 360 and other systems are on the latest firmware except for the vita/pstv (on 3.60).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I also have live blocked on my jtag with parental settings. it uses a four digit code that I remember, so live can't be accessed to get me banned as well. ;)

JustOkay and XFlak like this.
  10. JustOkay

OP JustOkay Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I don't have any kids who'd be using it in the near future so I don't have to worry about that stuff, but I'll keep it in mind in case I let my cousins use it when I'm not watching them.

XFlak likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Delete,