OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
hi!

can someone tell me what are the risks of using the twilight hack and installing the homebrew channel? (If there are any)

and also, can someone explain how to use the WAD installer? (I am trying to download paper mario)

they put some warnings but I didn't get any of them

some help would be nice

Thanks

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
1) Biggest risk that might be that your Wii will explode and run away crazy.... no honestly, its a little little risk for bricking, I haven't heard anyone brick it over Homebrew channel but there is always a small chance.

2) Use "Wad Manager", it is dead easy, the program actually tell you how to use it when you start it, if its a bad-file (the wad) it won't install it, just give you an error. When I get an error when I install a WAD, I offen choose "uninstall" on it to make sure anything of the ticket is gone.

tdlo123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
linuxares said:
1) Biggest risk that might be that your Wii will explode and run away crazy.... no honestly, its a little little risk for bricking, I haven't heard anyone brick it over Homebrew channel but there is always a small chance.

2) Use "Wad Manager", it is dead easy, the program actually tell you how to use it when you start it, if its a bad-file (the wad) it won't install it, just give you an error. When I get an error when I install a WAD, I offen choose "uninstall" on it to make sure anything of the ticket is gone.

oh thank you

but can you tell me how to run games like paper mario on my wii?, what do I need?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The one for the 64 right? Just use the WAD manager and install it by slecting it and pressing + on the WiiMote. Then wait a bit, and it should popup as a channel.

I'd say the only risk I heard of is a bad WAD file. It may brick your Wii. But tjose are rare, they would take them down if they knew they didn't work.

tdlo123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
linuxares said:
A modchip, (for the Wii atleast, if its not a wiiware or a snes game etc.)

I know that, but this is a 64 game,

I can download this game from this website, but I wouldn't know what to do next

someone said that you would have to use twilight hack+ WAD installer

but I don't know about any of them

tdlo123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
lostsoul5673 said:
The one for the 64 right? Just use the WAD manager and install it by slecting it and pressing + on the WiiMote. Then wait a bit, and it should popup as a channel.

I'd say the only risk I heard of is a bad WAD file. It may brick your Wii. But tjose are rare, they would take them down if they knew they didn't work.

how do I use the WAD manager? (I read something about SD cards)

and how do I know if it is a bad WAD file?

sorry, noob questions
biggrin.gif

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you really that cheap that you can't pay $10 for that magnificent piece of work? *sigh*

I mean, I can understand not wanting to pay full price for most Wii/Ware or VC games since most of them suck (sadly), but Paper Mario is one of those rare awesome games that are well worth the money.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tdlo123 said:
lostsoul5673 said:

how do I use the WAD manager? (I read something about SD cards)

and how do I know if it is a bad WAD file?

sorry, noob questions
biggrin.gif
well, if you use a torrent site, check the comments! If they are good, then get it, but bad WADs are rare.

Well, there was a Sticky here but I'll post here:

You have to have the Twilight Hack save file of your region. Place it where you save the games: /private/wii/game(this folder im not sure of/(game code of your region, I think wiisaves.com or something)

then copy the save to the wii memory, get the homebrew channel .elf file and make sure it's named: boot.elf, and place it in the root of the SD card. run the hack by talking to the guy in front of you. there will be a code and ask you some question, yes or no if you wish to install

then download the wad manager, and make a folder on the root of the SD card called wad and place all the wads in there, go the hombrew channel, select the wad manager and select the one you wish to install, thats it I think

tdlo123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Pikachu025 said:
Are you really that cheap that you can't pay $10 for that magnificent piece of work? *sigh*

I mean, I can understand not wanting to pay full price for most Wii/Ware or VC games since most of them suck (sadly), but Paper Mario is one of those rare awesome games that are well worth the money.

I am not cheap, I have a bricked wii and I can't access the internet, and I have a japanese wii, so I wouldn't know how to navigate , also I don't know where to get wii points

I would like to buy it, but I can't ( sorry If these things don't have anything to do with getting the game, if they don't, tell me how to get it)

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions that I was hoping someone could answer:

1) So if I download the homebrew channel I won't need the Zelda hack??

2) What is the WAD Manager channel, and how is it used?

3) I'm sure this has been asked many times, but I would like to know this. Do you need to uninstall all the WADS if you plan on playing like Mario Kart Wii online, or is it safe to keep them on your Wii?

Thanks anyone

Koekje

Trophies
Website
supertosti.furion.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
elm said:

3) I'm sure this has been asked many times, but I would like to know this. Do you need to uninstall all the WADS if you plan on playing like Mario Kart Wii online, or is it safe to keep them on your Wii?

Thanks anyone
1) Yes.

2) Just some channel where you manage your WADs.

3) Ehm, what have WADs to do with Mario Kart Wii Online? Nothing, leave them.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Koekje said:
elm said:

Thanks anyone
1) Yes.

2) Just some channel where you manage your WADs.

3) Ehm, what have WADs to do with Mario Kart Wii Online? Nothing, leave them.

Thanks for your help
grog.gif

tdlo123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Arm the Homeless said:
The Twilight Hack would go in
/private/wii/title/RZDE for NTSC-U
/private/wii/title/RZDP for PAL
/private/wii/title/RZDJ for NTSC-J

hey, listen you are the only one online her, so I have to ask you a question
I used the "semi brick" file, and burned it on cd, then put it into my wii

it asks for an update,so, is there ANY chance that it could brick my wii?

I got the Jap update And I have a JAP wii, I am just worried that's all

please answer as soon as possible!

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
tdlo123 said:
I am not cheap, I have a bricked wii and I can't access the internet, and I have a japanese wii, so I wouldn't know how to navigate , also I don't know where to get wii points

I would like to buy it, but I can't ( sorry If these things don't have anything to do with getting the game, if they don't, tell me how to get it)

Send me your wii with $10 and I'll put paper mario on there for you
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Veho, let @AncientBoi fix it