Went from TWLoader to DSI++ and issues..

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by YamiJustin, Sep 26, 2018.

1. YamiJustin
    OP

YamiJustin GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2011
    United States
    So last time I used my 3ds I was able to launch individual DS games from my 3DS menu using some bootstrap install. I forget the exact process but it was awesome. Basically it just launched the DS roms off of my R4 Revolution for DS flashcart,without me having to launch TWLoader and then manually launch my flashcart to get to the games.

I noticed yesterday that TWLoader wasn't working, but the individual rom shortcuts we're still working. When I heard about DSI++ menu I decided to try that out but not only does my flashcart not launch from it, but my shortcuts on the 3ds menu don't work and I'm stressed out :/

2. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Sounds like your flashcard got bricked.

3. YamiJustin
    OP

YamiJustin GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2011
    United States
    I'm unsure what happened.I was able to reinstall the last TWLoader version, and get the flashcard working again :)
    I guess I'll stick with this old method. The ONLY issue I sometimes have is if I set the 3DS down while playing a DS game being loaded from the flashcard-via bootstrap is it might freeze, maybe because its being moved around

4. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    nds-bootstrap only loads ROMs off the SD card.
    I don't recommend TWLoader though, as it's no longer supported.
    With TWiLight Menu++, and your DS ROMs on the SD card instead of a flashcard, you will have no issues at all, aside from a few games not compatible.