Hacking Well, this sucks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally exited new super mario bros wii, the vc inject, while it was going through the opening and it deleted all of my saves as the save came up corrupted. I restored my save by using savemii mod, but somehow the emunand save got corrupted as well, so usb loader gx shows a corrupt save unless I turn emunand off for that particular game. I think I can fix it by restoring the emunand I have on one of my 10TB hdds, but I don't know how much will be lost. I"d like to restore just this one game. does anyone know if that's possible?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll flash the emunand on my computer tomorrow. I think it will work. I haven't added anything afaik in years. I just need to make sure the neek2o games are on there. I won't be fiddling with the neek2o nand, but the emunand is what makes those games appear in the games' list.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my original save back as I backed it up. it's just not backed up through emunand, which I was using. what I don't understand is how the emunand one got corrupted as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

save manager gx and savemii mod won't backup emunand saves, so I managed to get it back by disabling emunand with that particular game in its game settings. it works. I just want the emunand save back as that's what I usually use with usb loader gx. I think I can get everything back by just restoring the emunand from one of my hdd backups.

Reactions: ploggy

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it set with emunand by default, so I just need to change from global settings to get my saves back. it doesn't matter how far back the third save is as I always erase it trying to get as many lives as quick as possible. I find it relaxing. the first two saves have all stars, then the second slot has all shiny stars. I managed to get them back, plus a world 9 save with I think all stars as well, which I deleted to play the game again. it doesn't make sense how an emunand save would get lost as well though.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never messed with Emunand always seemed dodgy to me :P

I use emunand on the vWii since it removes size restrictions of what can be installed to the Wii system menu, now i can have as many Wiiware games and DLC songs for Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Just Dance, etc. that I wish. Never had any real problems with it, most that ever happens is sometimes the Rock Band or Guitar Hero game will crash because I have sooo many DLC songs for both of them, more than the Wii version was clearly ever supposed to be able to handle. But that's an easy enough fix, you just turn off the Wii U and turn it back on and nothing is ever lost. Sorry to hear OP had something go wrong though, didn't even think emunand could do anything like that. Guess it helps that I don't use the emunand for anything I don't need it for like playing a game that doesn't benefit from emunand in any real way like NSMBW.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emunand: slot 1 world 9 w/ 5 stars, slot 2 world 9 w/5 shiny stars, slot 3 world 1 at the beginning
nand: slot 1 world 9 w/ 5 stars, slot 2 world 9 w/5 shiny stars, slot 3 world 5 99 lives.

I'm not sure what happened unless it's indexed which applies to both nands. that's the only thing that makes sense, but all is resolved now, so no worries.

Reactions: MikaDubbz

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use emunand on the vWii since it removes size restrictions of what can be installed to the Wii system menu, now i can have as many Wiiware games and DLC songs for Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Just Dance, etc. that I wish. Never had any real problems with it, most that ever happens is sometimes the Rock Band or Guitar Hero game will crash because I have sooo many DLC songs for both of them, more than the Wii version was clearly ever supposed to be able to handle. But that's an easy enough fix, you just turn off the Wii U and turn it back on and nothing is ever lost. Sorry to hear OP had something go wrong though, didn't even think emunand could do anything like that. Guess it helps that I don't use the emunand for anything I don't need it for like playing a game that doesn't benefit from emunand in any real way like NSMBW.
Oh it definitely has its benefits for sure, its just I never had the need to use it and it always seemed more trouble than its worth to me :P

Reactions: godreborn

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh it definitely has its benefits for sure, its just I never had the need to use it and it always seemed more trouble than its worth to me :P

It's super easy to set up these days though. I remember how needlessly complex it was to set up an emunand via NEEK or UNEEK in the earlier Wii days. But now, to create an emunand to use with USBLoader GX, as I recall all it takes is the creation of a few folders on your hard drive, and pointing to them in the USBLoader settings. The trouble it once was really isn't there anymore, shouldn't take more than a minute to set up, and then you just use USBLoader's option to install wads to the emunand and for specific games change it's option to make use of the emunand or not.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have emunand with most wiiware games, then I have neek2o with currently two games that don't work with emunand. I just tested neek2o again to make sure it was still working. it was/is. :D

usb loader gx can make you an emunand, then you can inject wads into it directly. I think it's under features. neek2o requires you find the files. it's a fork or something of neek (sneek/uneek). you can create normal sneek/uneek, but neek2o is tricky, because I think someone leaked files, so it's hard to find them for specifically the virtual wii. I have them though. there are three files you need in the sneek folder. if you have it on usb, you can run neek2o from usb. some games require it too, so it's good to have. castlevania adventure rebirth is one such game. it black screens otherwise. I found valis 2 to be another game that does that. both work with neek2o. you can even open an options menu on the virtual wii home menu with different things to do, but I haven't really messed with that. the only downside is that exiting reboots you to the wii u menu if you have it set up to go back to usb loader gx. it does the same thing on the wii, but in that case, you have to have installed a wad to get back to the menu. the only alternative in both cases is to power off. you actually have to install the neek games twice: once on regular emunand for them to appear in your games list, then a second time on the neek nand. then, you go into a game's settings, and link to it to neek nand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you don't want all games using neek even though most, if not all, should work, because then it will take several minutes to load up a game as the entire nand is read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: probably