Weird problem with backups

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Gamer, Aug 29, 2008.

Aug 29, 2008

Weird problem with backups by Gamer at 2:42 PM (561 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Gamer
    OP

Member Gamer DS Gamer

Mexico
    Hello

First of all, sorry for my bad english, hope you can understand me.

I have a Wiikey FW3.2U, Wiikey 1.9g.

This is a weird problem i have since last month.

I have few games burned with Sony media and many others with Verbatim. All burned at 4x.

The weird thing is my wii stopped reading ALL Verbatim burned disks. It shows the game logo, but after i choose the game channel, i get the "Game Cannot be read...." Error. Sometimes it doesn't show the game logo. All those games worked fine before, because i tested them.

NOW, the Sony ones WORK fine until now, even the first one i burned. I tried reburning a non-working Verbatim disk (Mario Galaxy) to Sony Media and it worked fine :/

Originals and even SSBB (DVD9) work fine. So, i'm wondering... it's just the MEDIA or there's a problem with my WII (dirty/bad laser perhaps, or bad Wiikey)? Like i said it's very weird because only the disks with that media brand are giving me problems, Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for your help, if you need more info i'll post it right away.

2. Volkov

Member Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    your laser is degrading...I have two wii's both baught on launch, one reads some discs, while the other doesn't, but they both read high quality media fine...

3. Gamer
    OP

Member Gamer DS Gamer

Mexico
    Thanks for the quick reply.

So if that's the case, what i can do? I only have one Wii lol

I mean, it's possible to fix the laser or something?

Thx

4. Volkov

Member Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You can try various media/burn speeds until you find one that works. I used backups heavily for sometime and I get no errors on the discs I found. Some discs work only sometimes, and some dont work at all, but you should find some that work all the time at the right burn speed...