Hacking weird japanese message after updating Omega Ruby.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hi guys,

after booting into classic mode using this guide I got this strange message:

anybody knows what this means? And how I can play omega ruby again? I downloaded the update straight from the eshop. I also tried installing it via cia, both no luck. Deleting the update and reinstalling didn't help either.

it says save file is corrupt.

don't delete it.
If anything, back up the save file first (if using gateway, just backup the rom, cause save will be inside)

If this save was created on a higher firmware (above 4x),
you could try converting the save downwards (if you have powersaves), so that you could use the save with a rom.

edit:
I'm assuming you were playing on english, and it suddenly showed japanese,
which shouldn't happen.

If you happened to update your emunand,
do update the launcher file as well.

Apparently there was one user who updated to a new fw for emunand on a lower launcher,
and apparently pokemon became japanese. this reminded me of that.
so leaving that here just in case..

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
All Pokemon retail cart saves are using KeyY 6.0.
If your save is created on SysNAND 6.0-9.5, then it CORRUPTS on SysNAND 4.1-5.1's GW Classic and ALL GW mode, like what TC's picture shows.
If your save is created on either GW mode or SysNAND 4.1-5.1's GW Classic, then it CORRUPTS on SysNAND 6.0-9.5.

This problem will be NEVER FIXED until KeyY 6.0 is cracked.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Says "The report is broken" on the first line, IIRC they call save files "reports" in Japanese, or at least in Pokemon. Like the others said though, don't mess with the saves at all, you *should* be able to make a backup of it and maybe re-upgrade your sysNAND so that you can use your save again.

Silver-Tiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you guys for all the answers, We decided to update the 3DS to the latest sysNAND, and the save file works again! If my sis decides to use a flashcard again, we will probably get a Sky3DS as it is the most uncomplicated choice for her. She's not very much into computers so emuNAND and all that fumbling wouldn't be right for anyway.
I'll be happy with my Gateway for now.

*Thread can be closed*

Nicolussius

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
For those who want to know what exactly the message says:
"The report (the save file I guess) is broken.
For more information, please refer to the instruction manual".
I guess knowing how to read Japanese was not useful at all for solving the problem since you've figured it out already :yaysp:

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Would it be possible do dump the rom+save then running it as a cia on CFW ? Would it be possible to use the original save with this method ?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Would it be possible do dump the rom+save then running it as a cia on CFW ? Would it be possible to use the original save with this method ?
No.
CFW is based on 4.x.
4.x CAN'T decrypt KeyY 6.0.
All Pokemon retail saves are KeyY 6.0.
So CFW can't recognize Pokemon retail saves and says it's corrupted.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
hi guys,

after booting into classic mode using this guide I got this strange message:

anybody knows what this means? And how I can play omega ruby again? I downloaded the update straight from the eshop. I also tried installing it via cia, both no luck. Deleting the update and reinstalling didn't help either.

Could always try using a translation site and see what comes up

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
All Pokemon retail cart saves are using KeyY 6.0.
If your save is created on SysNAND 6.0-9.5, then it CORRUPTS on SysNAND 4.1-5.1's GW Classic and ALL GW mode, like what TC's picture shows.
If your save is created on either GW mode or SysNAND 4.1-5.1's GW Classic, then it CORRUPTS on SysNAND 6.0-9.5.

This problem will be NEVER FIXED until KeyY 6.0 is cracked.

Actually it has in away. Gateway should have the ability to crack the key now that they have exploited newer firmware. They either by mistake or intentionally not allowed the new key to be used in Gateway mode while running it on newer firmware. 4.x users are still SOL in this regard though. If I still owned any retail games, I wouldn't keep my 3DS XL on 4.3. But for now I have no reason to go out and buy a game to update it. :P

Also, the pokemon games don't auto delete your save or anything when you boot it on a console that doesn't support the encryption the save file used. The game will just refuse to boot unless you tell it to reset the save via a special button combination or boot it on a 3DS/firmware that has the correct key for it. So for retail carts anyway, you have to go out of your way to delete the pokemon save. :P

CIA based games use the unique console key for encryption like everything else stored on the SD card, so I don't think the save encryption for that changes on newer firmwares.

Reactions: MelonGx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chr0x @ Chr0x: https://x.com/PlayStation/status/1795817520420827449 State of Play, Not Showcase :rofl: