Web Browser with flash :D

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Myidentityisasec, Sep 18, 2009.

Sep 18, 2009
  1. Myidentityisasec
    OP

Newcomer Myidentityisasec Advanced Member

United States
    Does anyone have a nintendo DS NOT DSi web browser which has a flash plugin, then tell me please! Or some homebrew developers could make one for me ^^; Thanks in advance

2. Dragonmasta666

Newcomer Dragonmasta666 Member

United States
    Think before you post. The DS has 4 megs of ram. K? Think some more. The average flash video on youtube is 8megs. The average flash embedded website is 3 megs or more. Its not going to happen get a fucking laptop k thanks.

3. omatic

Member omatic GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sorry, not gonna happen. The DS can't handle Flash, if you check Adobe's website you can see that the system requirements are way too high. Also, I politely advise that don't ask people to make NDS homebrew for you unless you have connections and /or money.

4. gumgod

Member gumgod GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There is that browser that renders on your computer and sends the page to the DS... It sort of does flash... Here's the info from the website (DSHobro is the name of the homebrew)

"Flash animations, Java and ActiveX are now allowed. It means your PC will download and start/play them, but your DS will still only receive an image of the animation, not the animation itself. It's still useful for menus or sites that are made 100% in Flash. There's one downside though: in flash videos, the sound is outputted on the PC! I can't prevent it. But why would you want to watch videos anyway... since you could only get 1 frame every 5 or 10 seconds."

So...
    That or the remote desktop for DS (DS2WIN) are your best bets. Again however they would require a computer to function so it's not quite the same as having a browser that works solely off the DS. Personally I think it would be nice to have a scaled down version of flash on the DS (maybe a port of flash that works on mobile phones) but I don't see it happening any time soon. In the mean time the ipod touch has a very nice web browser you could always buy one of those. [​IMG]

5. Gullwing

Member Gullwing Synesthete

Greece
    You are so offending and rude

6. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    What I love is the smiley at the end of the topic name making it seem as if he's actually found a web browser for DS with flash... *sigh* A man can dream (even if he knows its impossible)

7. Myidentityisasec
    OP

Newcomer Myidentityisasec Advanced Member

United States
    Oh ok. Thanks for the info though!

8. Vidboy10

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    If there was a DSi Browser with Flash it could be possible.
    Since the DSi is more powerful.

9. DrOctapu

Member DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

United States
    The only possible way would be to use both an iplayer AND a ram expansion, and it still might not work. So, no it's not fucking happening, stupid.

10. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    no it cant sorry but mbye the dsi will someday