We need to start using

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by dontay0100, Jul 2, 2014.

1. dontay0100
    OP

dontay0100 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2007
    United States
    So I went to gamebattles, scrolled to the Wii U section and saw a total of 3 games. COD, MK8, and some other crap. I clicked on MK8 and saw no one competing. Which is truly sad, we need to amp up the Wii U section with more players. Especially when Smash Wii U is released. I mean come on people it's a site for tournaments, you can win money, and even become famous, for the thing you love most!!! Gaming!!!

2. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Erm...start using? I know gaming can be addicting, but I'm drawing the line at "using" a game. :P

That "even become famous" is pretty relative. Even on E3, I heard quite some quotes (from gamers, no less!) not knowing who those people were who were invited to play that smash u game.

3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    lol wat?

4. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    Some of us play games for fun, not bragging rights. I don't even play online yet, because I haven't mastered offline mode yet. Online isn't so fun when you lose all the time. If you want to play tournaments, there are plenty hosted inside the system, no need for external websites.

5. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I'm guessing GameBattles is a website of tournaments? Sorry bud, if I play online it's just for fun nothing else although if there were a physical tournament where I could go to in UK, then I'd definitely enter!

6. dontay0100
    OP

dontay0100 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2007
    United States
    But tourneys are fun regardless if you win or lose. You get to go against opponents you never knew, make new friends, rivals, and even learn new combos or movements you've never known about.. Not wanting bragging rights, just want to be known for doing what I love, gaming!!