WD 2TB MyBook Essential problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by geonjay, Apr 11, 2011.

Apr 11, 2011
  1. geonjay
    OP

Newcomer geonjay Member

United States
    Hello All,

I'm sure this has already been covered but I can't find this exact issue anywhere.

I have a 2TB WD MyBook essentials, and it has USB 3.0 capability. Formatted it to Fat32 copied games, movies, etc. I could play movies via WiiMC or MPlayer just fine. HOWEVER, CfgUSB wouldn't load the games. I tried forcing cfbusb to use mload-222 but it still doesn't see the partition. I used gparted to resize the partition down to ~950GB. Same problem, WiiMC can play the movies, WiiXplorer can see all files, but USBCfg never sees the games. I've tried the drive with another wii same problem. I used the HDD from the other Wii and the games load fine.

I used 32k sectors on the drive. I assume I'm messing something silly - like I still made the partition too large. I'd like to stick with FAT32 if possible so that new games can be copied directly from the console. I'll experiment with other partition sizes later tonight, but I thought I'd seek advice from the community first.

Thanks,
    j

2. miguelbolas

Newcomer miguelbolas Member

Portugal
    you have to put the games inside the folder WBFS.

3. geonjay
    OP

Newcomer geonjay Member

United States
    Thanks for the tip, but they are in the WBFS folder. I've "enabled" a few Wii's already and haven't had an issue.

Thanks,
    J

4. geonjay
    OP

Newcomer geonjay Member

United States
    Ok..well..this was odd. So I went through a number of partition changes, wipes, etc. Movies would work, games would not.

So I said F it and tried NeoGamma and WiiFlow. Wiiflow didn't work....but NeoGamma would show me the games...hmmm.

I have always (well, since it became an option) used USBCfg with mload-222 for FAT32 drives (I stopped using wbfs long ago). I decided to scrap my custom config and mload-222 and install the default usbcfg 67. It f'ing worked. Tried the blank config with mload-222 - and it did NOT work. Tried my custom config with base ios249 - and it worked! cIOS v20 249/250 work for this drive, cIOS v4/5 222-224 do NOT. This drive is listed as compatible in gbatemp's and wiihacks compatibility list.

5. digdug3

Newcomer digdug3 Advanced Member

Netherlands
  6. geonjay
    OP

Newcomer geonjay Member

United States
    Thanks! I'll try it tonight. The version history looks pretty impressive.