Hacking WBFS ISO Extraction not working right.

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. I am having problems extracting an ISO from my external drive after installing through usb loader. Let me walk you trough what I did, and what my problem is.

1 - Ripped mario kart wii from original disc through usb loader 1.1
2 - Play tested mario kart wii, worked 100% fine.
3 - tested several WBFS GUIs to extract the iso of mario kart wii.
4 - After deleting, reformating drive, tested Several GUIs to put back on drive.
5 - Tested via usb loader, game will load, go as far as letting me select my car, character etc, but refuses to load the first race.

again, i have tested this with maxillion(?), nIxx's, and a few others (Extraction as well as install), same exact problem.

Anyone have any success doing what i said and walking away with a 100% working iso of mario kart wii? if so, what did you do?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you sure i mean i found out that wbfs_win.exe creates smaller ISO´s (3,99GB) as the wbfs mod from sorg (it´s the original ISO size as always).
Anyway i´m not sure at the moment
smile.gif

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, positive.

I just spent the last 6 hours or so trying to get it to work.

Tested every single GUI I could find, same exact problem. a few didn't even get to the character select screen, simply just up to the health screen or when i go to load a saved game/create a game (yes, i went so far as to try deleting my save and creating a new one as well), then black screen o death.

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just found WBFS Manager 2.0, trying that now, since it doesn't use

"The wbfs_win.exe from the wbfs_win_delta release is also no longer being used by this application. It now uses a cleaner, less hacky way of using the libwbfs source code for direct manipulation."

Wish me luck!

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Same Exact problem.

Starting to drive me nuts. If anyone has some insight into this, would be very much appreciated.

And I know its not the hard drive, games that were dumped the old, slow way work just fine. That plus when first ripped it works perfect too.
frown.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im using the maximillon one and ive noticed as soon as you hit the extract button the new file on your computer where the game is being extracted to automatically shows the file being 4.37 gb in size even though it hasnt been extracted.Also the % of the extraction always freezes and it never starts back up for me so theres no real way of knowing when its complete.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i dont think its got anything to do with the GUI itself.
All the GUI are built around the same program.Its the program thats hanging.

Zeek03

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
When Extracting with WBFS Manager, It Does put 4.7GB Automatically. And It does freeze. Keep waiting and it will work. Once the ISO is at almost 50%. It is done. (49.88%)

What % are you stopping at?

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
err, I think you guys are misunderstanding what my problem is.

All the GUIs except maximillions finish ripping the iso (they tell me they are done). Said iso when reinstalled does not function 100%(Read first post)

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem.
I re extracted the game and it worked the 2nd time.
Probly just a bad extraction of the game but i would think if it was a bad extraction the game wouldnt play at all.

Also i just tried a new program called WBFS Manager 2.0
The extraction process never hung for me at all on it.It Doesn't give a % complete though it only shows a green progress bar.So im gonna test it out later and see if the extracted iso files will play once extracted then re added back to a drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off