MegasXLR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hello,

I'm wondering is there a way to edit the names of certain bubbles (games) on a 3.65 Enso Vita 2000 ?
I read that it can be done by editing some app.db file using Bubble Studio but it says it works on 3.60 and not 3.65.
Also I'm not really a fan of online tools, prefer a local program I can install on my Windows PC just so I know it'll never disappear.
Can someone point me in the right direction here? I just want to edit the names of my games to also include the year at the end and fix some inconsistent naming (GTA & Grand Theft Auto on different games for example).

I'm scared to try things without being sure first as I did just that yesterday trying to install an update for AutoPlugin 2 which failed & then couldn't remove the installed version so I went and deleted its files manually and then all my bubbles disappeared after a database rebuild so I had to start from 0 with everything I had done beforehand.

Better safe than sorry this time around :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can with the app.db. it's in the appicon table. The worst that could happenif you make a mistake is a rebuild of the database.

Reactions: MegasXLR

MegasXLR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
@godreborn would a database rebuild screw up things like SD2Vita and remove all my apps from the LiveArea which are on the SD Card (ux0) ? I think that's what happened after the last DB Rebuild but can't be sure. Will give OneMenu a look too @GUEDES_et_al

Reactions: GUEDES_et_al

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it won't mess those things up, but the app.db will be reverted back to before you made those changes with the bubble names.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say backup the app.db once you have it the way you like it. it contains folders, positioning of icons, names, etc. basically anything that's recorded when you install something. it even has the name in different languages, app version, etc.

Reactions: MegasXLR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end