Hacking [Warning] Do not install anything with Fusee Gelee

Imancol

Otak Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I just want to leave this post because I see that there is a lot of activity of users that are testing different OS and tools in Switch. I remind you that the Nintendo Switch handles the voltages for Software. If they do something wrong, they can be burning any component of the console (not just the fuses).

Although they do not notice it very often, the modifications you make with the console are dangerous and installing unsupported operating systems can burn or render the console unusable.

Cases have passed as the Team itself said that they burned a Screen of the Nintendo Switch console, or the third party Dock that burned the console's load card after the 5.0 update.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to leave this post because I see that there is a lot of activity of users that are testing different OS and tools in Switch. I remind you that the Nintendo Switch handles the voltages for Software. If they do something wrong, they can be burning any component of the console (not just the fuses).

Although they do not notice it very often, the modifications you make with the console are dangerous and installing unsupported operating systems can burn or render the console unusable.

Cases have passed as the Team itself said that they burned a Screen of the Nintendo Switch console, or the third party Dock that burned the console's load card after the 5.0 update.
1. What kinda software are you using that toys with voltages of hardware components?

2. What's your source?

Imancol

Otak Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
1. What kinda software are you using that toys with voltages of hardware components?

2. What's your source?

It is already known that Nintendo Switch handles precise voltages of its screen, and internal components to modify it via GUI. An example is the brightness of the screen. Installing OS in Switch is like installing any ROM in different devices. You never know what the consequence is, but it is not recommended. The Switch is more a Tablet, not a PC or Laptop that can install anything.

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is already known that Nintendo Switch handles precise voltages of its screen, and internal components to modify it via GUI. An example is the brightness of the screen. Installing OS in Switch is like installing any ROM in different devices. You never know what the consequence is, but it is not recommended. The Switch is more a Tablet, not a PC or Laptop that can install anything.

The software has high level access ? That's a massive design error like NO OTHER DEVICE

Reactions: clank

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany

2. What's your source?

The software has high level access ? That's a massive design error like NO OTHER DEVICE

You guys do know thats a computer bios is also just software to control settings for the hardware?
You also know what the purpose of a kernel in a os is? Or?

Imancol

Otak Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
In the programming, data or processes are sent to the RAM that are executed (Void Start, Void Update), depending on the language in which it is executed. Always a Software has access to voltages in the Hardware that have behaviors. The same happens with OS, it has architectures and controllers. There are no compatible systems on Nintendo Switch that work 100% other than the same OS Switch. Personally, I recommend waiting for the CFW from SciresM or testing only the OSs that are sharing and have already been tested, but will never work 100% and doing experiments can bring irreversible damage to the console.

MachRc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RealLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess thanks for the warning towards people, but I think most people have seen it enough that they need to be careful, and if people brick their consoles, it's their fault.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Massive threads asking for help on their failed Switch coming in 3... 2... 1...

Reason: As always, the user/owner.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say if this is 100% true with the Switch or not, but I do know that I installed a ROM on my Nexus 5 awhile back ago and it made the phone run extremely hot (too hot to touch!), yet any other ROMs I tried didn't do that (I played around with a lot of ROMs on the Nexus 5 considering it can multi-boot any number of ROMs as long as you have storage available....so, it is true that installing a different OS CAN cause hardware issues.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't say if this is 100% true with the Switch or not, but I do know that I installed a ROM on my Nexus 5 awhile back ago and it made the phone run extremely hot (too hot to touch!), yet any other ROMs I tried didn't do that (I played around with a lot of ROMs on the Nexus 5 considering it can multi-boot any number of ROMs as long as you have storage available....so, it is true that installing a different OS CAN cause hardware issues.

It could be that the ROM overclocked the SoC.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be that the ROM overclocked the SoC.

If it did, it didn't good a good job, performance wasn't any better than other ROMs. ROM I have now is overclocked and it doesn't get hot. I don't recall seeing any information about the ROM that made the phone hot saying it was overclocked.

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is true, beleive me... This is like this not only on the switch. For example custom kernels for android devices can be "tweaked" to provide a higher cpu voltage for overclocking (i made some..), or say for the screen..

So yes, this is true, people need to be carefull when playing with custom kernels for the switch.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247
D

Deleted User

I think that it is a measure for Pretendo to sabotage your Switch and force you to buy another one if you still want to play Switch games.
For example, when they detect pirated games, they could brick the OS, burn the motherboard, or detonate the battery.
And of course they are not responsible for any damage caused by it.

Last edited by ,

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that it is a measure for Pretendo to sabotage your Switch and force you to buy another one if you still want to play Switch games.
For example, when they detect pirated games, they could brick the OS, burn the motherboard, or detonate the battery.
And of course they are not responsible for any damage caused by it.
this is about installing Linux on the Switch. this is a risk with installing a different OS on any system that doesn't support it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol