Warning about menuhax on 11.0

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Arubaro, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Arubaro
    OP

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    I've seen some users claiming that their menuhax stopped working out of the blue (I mean, without changing themes or something) on 11.0

In addition, people usually do not make backups of their SD cards, so I would advise people with menuhax on 11.0 to:

- Install a9lh as soon as possible (when you have what you need to)
    - Look for an alternative entrypoint besides menuhax
    - Or maybe backup this (I'm not sure if only this is enough)

[​IMG]
    (screenshot from plailect's guide, thank you)

Maybe is a false positive, but better safe than sorry

Last edited by Arubaro, Nov 28, 2016
  2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    If they don't have a hardmod or another system with custom firmware, they're out of luck on this until slowhax or whatever comes out, if it even does.

VinLark and Arubaro like this.
  3. Arubaro
    OP

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    Maybe now it's a little better

4. TheKingy34

TheKingy34 ҉

Feb 21, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    It is most likely a false positive, but just a note, if this ever happens to you, and you used browserhax as an entry point, try this to bypass the update nag:
    Code:
    1. Goto System Settings. Then change the datetime to January 1, 2000, 00:00.
    2. Use the browser 'Initialize savedata' option, before any page gets loaded triggering the browser-version message.
    3. Continue to use browserhax as normal.
    Note that you must not press the HOME button to return from the browser normally, otherwise you will have to reinitialize the savedata again. Once the datetime reaches January 2, you will have to repeat these steps if you want to continue using this bypass.
    It worked with me, so I don't see why it won't work with others.
    And, when you do get back to the hbl, try reinstalling Menuhax.
    EDIT: Anyone that is going to try this, please report back with the results.
    EDIT2: This seems to be fixed in 11.0. But if this happens to you under that, try this.
    EDIT3: It may work if you block conntest.nintendowifi.net and/or 69.25.139.140.

Last edited by TheKingy34, Nov 28, 2016
  5. IgorEisberg

IgorEisberg Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    Iceland
    I use freakyhax for now. Menuhax using sdiconhax is problematic, since it won't allow any kind of "return to Home Menu" functionallity, which renders useful things like ctr-httpwn useless.