War of the Carts!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Ballistic, Mar 3, 2009.

?

Which flashcart are the sturdiest? (popular and current versions of the cart in stores)

1. DSTopToy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Acekard 2.1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Acekard 2i

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. M3 Real

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. CycloDS Evolution

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. EDGE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. EZ Flash V+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. EZ Flash Vi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. DSTTi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Supercard DS-One

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Others/Clones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. U2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Mar 3, 2009

War of the Carts! by Ballistic at 8:07 AM (762 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Ballistic
    OP

Member Ballistic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I live in a house that is constantly invaded by a rampaging, yet awesome dog and elementary-age kids. So keeping things in one piece is a big deal for me, especially for my escape from boredom. To the point, which cart do you think, or know, is built like a tank. Try not to vote for your own cart [​IMG]

My hypocritical vote: The Acekard 2i. I've heard a lot about faulty 2i's. But from my experiences of my flash cart and my friend's, we've no problem whatsoever. I'm especially pleased because it looked so much like a real commercial cart. The plastic doesn't feel cheap at all. The spring is tough. And the older batches had teeth under the PCB for extra protection and commercial-cart look. The only nag I have with it is the bump under sticker, which is fixed in the newer batches but with the loss of PCB teeth.

EDIT: U2 for the hell of it.

2. xrM

Member xrM GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    I love the AK2.1, but in terms of sturdiness, I think the DSTT takes the cake, especially the fake ones [​IMG]

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    With the Acekard 2, it depends; older ones are clipped together, which is kind of extremely flimsy, while newer ones are glued I believe.