Wad removal?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mainnine, Apr 17, 2009.

Apr 17, 2009

Wad removal? by mainnine at 12:30 AM (1,928 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. mainnine
    OP

Newcomer mainnine Member

United Kingdom
    Just wondering if I delete an installed wad from the wii system settings is that the same as going back into the wad manager and removing from there? Or is it better to do that?

2. mainnine
    OP

Newcomer mainnine Member

United Kingdom
    anyone?

3. Golfje

Member Golfje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands

You can delete a wad by using the wad manger.... Just go to the wad that you want to delete en press -
    That will delete your installed wad with ticket....

If you delete a wad by the wii system settings it will not delete the ticket that belongs to the wad...
    Sorry for my bad english

4. mainnine
    OP

Newcomer mainnine Member

United Kingdom
    What difference does the ticket make?

5. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    just put the card into your pc/card reader select the wads folder, select the wad and push delete.

6. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The ticket is like a record that the title in question was installed. For example, it's what lets you delete a VC game using the system menu and then download it from the shop channel again without having to rebuy it. If you were to remove that ticket then you would be prompted to purchase the game if you tried to redownload.

So it's generally a better idea to remove added wads with Wad Manager so you don't leave stray tickets around.

7. HUELEN10

Newcomer HUELEN10 Member

United States
    What if you were to lose the original wad files that you installed, but then removed through the Wii options? Is there any way at all to remove the ticket? Like a browser for tickets on the console?

8. elfsander

Member elfsander GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    AnyTitle deleter does the trick [​IMG]

9. HUELEN10

Newcomer HUELEN10 Member

United States
    Only displays numbers and not names? Crap....

I installed a WAD of a USB Loader forwarder, forgot which one, lost the file, and deleted it off my Wii via system menu. Am I screwed in regards to this?

10. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    I erase them with the system menu. Worrks just fine.

11. HUELEN10

Newcomer HUELEN10 Member

United States
    But it leaves tickets doesn't it? What is the worse that could happen anyways? Seriously, I want to know.

12. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    Tickets are left, ya. If you have much of them, they start reducing your open blocks size... slightly. Let it be 1 Block for 16 Tickets... But another fact is, that Tickets are like Traces. If you want to send Nintendo the console for repair you would mostly want to uninstall the HBC for security. If you do it through the sysmenu, they'll be able to see the "HAXX" ticket. So they know, you had installed HBC...

What I forgot: Erasing the Ticket keeps you NAND clean. [​IMG]

13. HUELEN10

Newcomer HUELEN10 Member

United States
    Damn, well then I would love to erase tickets, but if it shows numbers instead of names, it seems to be pretty hopeless. Thanks anyways...

14. snakesnoke

Newcomer snakesnoke Member

United States
    I would like to now if you format the Wii if there will be any titles/wads be left? I would like to start with a "frsh install", because I've tried many things with homebrew so far.

15. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    As to my knowledge; if you let the sysmenu erase you wii, you can still download purchased games from the Wii shop, right? If yes, it would leave the tickets, if no all tickets would be cleared.

16. HUELEN10

Newcomer HUELEN10 Member

United States
    Okay. I found AnyTitle Deleter MOD and am using this list.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Vir...tallation_Sizes

I booted the app, and I went to "installed channel titles". I am trying to figure out which unknown ones I can delete. I obviously do NOT want to remove the HBC, as I am on 4.0, so what is the 4 digit "designation" of the HBC?

17. snakesnoke

United States
    I have now deleted all not brick protected wads/titles/... with AnyTitleDeleterMODv4 and did a format from the system menu.

After this I have only the disc channel left. My system menu still says version 3.2e and the wii seems to be working fine.

I would like to get the other standard channels back. Is there a way to update my german wii with a certain game. Something like installing the 3.2 firmware over my current state?

Should I stay on firmware 3.2 for homebrew?

18. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    Your Wii is fine. But you deleted the "Non-brick-protected" channels... Shop Channel, Forecast Channel etc. You could get them back from NUS (using NUSD by WB3000) or from a WAD of a game DVD (I would suggest Super Smash Bros Brawl, since it has the 3.2 Update online and therefore the channels should be in there).

@HUELEN10 Wiibrew has a TitleID database. There you might find the one or the other app, you don't want to delete. HBC anyways has "HAXX" as it's TitleID.

19. snakesnoke

United States
    I wonder:
    Could I just download "Firmware 3.2E_B" for my germany wii with "Wii Update Manager 1.2", burn an iso and install it on the wii to get the channels back?

20. snakesnoke

United States
    Ok, i had to boot my Zelda Disc and install it's update first to get the game to run. Then I installed the homebrew channel with the zelda exploit. Now I would like to install the 3.2E_P update complete with the wad installer.

I have a WiiKey installed, if this can help somehow.