Hacking Wad removal?

mainnine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering if I delete an installed wad from the wii system settings is that the same as going back into the wad manager and removing from there? Or is it better to do that?

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mainnine said:

You can delete a wad by using the wad manger.... Just go to the wad that you want to delete en press -
That will delete your installed wad with ticket....

If you delete a wad by the wii system settings it will not delete the ticket that belongs to the wad...
Sorry for my bad english

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ticket is like a record that the title in question was installed. For example, it's what lets you delete a VC game using the system menu and then download it from the shop channel again without having to rebuy it. If you were to remove that ticket then you would be prompted to purchase the game if you tried to redownload.

So it's generally a better idea to remove added wads with Wad Manager so you don't leave stray tickets around.

HUELEN10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
The ticket is like a record that the title in question was installed. For example, it's what lets you delete a VC game using the system menu and then download it from the shop channel again without having to rebuy it. If you were to remove that ticket then you would be prompted to purchase the game if you tried to redownload.

So it's generally a better idea to remove added wads with Wad Manager so you don't leave stray tickets around.
What if you were to lose the original wad files that you installed, but then removed through the Wii options? Is there any way at all to remove the ticket? Like a browser for tickets on the console?

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
AnyTitle deleter does the trick
wink.gif

HUELEN10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elfsander said:
AnyTitle deleter does the trick
wink.gif
Only displays numbers and not names? Crap....

I installed a WAD of a USB Loader forwarder, forgot which one, lost the file, and deleted it off my Wii via system menu. Am I screwed in regards to this?

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HUELEN10 said:
Smartpal said:
I erase them with the system menu. Worrks just fine.
But it leaves tickets doesn't it? What is the worse that could happen anyways? Seriously, I want to know.

Tickets are left, ya. If you have much of them, they start reducing your open blocks size... slightly. Let it be 1 Block for 16 Tickets... But another fact is, that Tickets are like Traces. If you want to send Nintendo the console for repair you would mostly want to uninstall the HBC for security. If you do it through the sysmenu, they'll be able to see the "HAXX" ticket. So they know, you had installed HBC...

What I forgot: Erasing the Ticket keeps you NAND clean.
wink.gif

HUELEN10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:
HUELEN10 said:
Smartpal said:
I erase them with the system menu. Worrks just fine.
But it leaves tickets doesn't it? What is the worse that could happen anyways? Seriously, I want to know.

Tickets are left, ya. If you have much of them, they start reducing your open blocks size... slightly. Let it be 1 Block for 16 Tickets... But another fact is, that Tickets are like Traces. If you want to send Nintendo the console for repair you would mostly want to uninstall the HBC for security. If you do it through the sysmenu, they'll be able to see the "HAXX" ticket. So they know, you had installed HBC...

What I forgot: Erasing the Ticket keeps you NAND clean.
wink.gif
Damn, well then I would love to erase tickets, but if it shows numbers instead of names, it seems to be pretty hopeless. Thanks anyways...

D

Deleted-119394

I would like to now if you format the Wii if there will be any titles/wads be left? I would like to start with a "frsh install", because I've tried many things with homebrew so far.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As to my knowledge; if you let the sysmenu erase you wii, you can still download purchased games from the Wii shop, right? If yes, it would leave the tickets, if no all tickets would be cleared.

D

Deleted-119394

I have now deleted all not brick protected wads/titles/... with AnyTitleDeleterMODv4 and did a format from the system menu.

After this I have only the disc channel left. My system menu still says version 3.2e and the wii seems to be working fine.

I would like to get the other standard channels back. Is there a way to update my german wii with a certain game. Something like installing the 3.2 firmware over my current state?

Should I stay on firmware 3.2 for homebrew?

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
snakesnoke said:
After this I have only the disc channel left. My system menu still says version 3.2e and the wii seems to be working fine.

Your Wii is fine. But you deleted the "Non-brick-protected" channels... Shop Channel, Forecast Channel etc. You could get them back from NUS (using NUSD by WB3000) or from a WAD of a game DVD (I would suggest Super Smash Bros Brawl, since it has the 3.2 Update online and therefore the channels should be in there).

@HUELEN10 Wiibrew has a TitleID database. There you might find the one or the other app, you don't want to delete. HBC anyways has "HAXX" as it's TitleID.

D

Deleted-119394

I wonder:
Could I just download "Firmware 3.2E_B" for my germany wii with "Wii Update Manager 1.2", burn an iso and install it on the wii to get the channels back?

D

Deleted-119394

Ok, i had to boot my Zelda Disc and install it's update first to get the game to run. Then I installed the homebrew channel with the zelda exploit. Now I would like to install the 3.2E_P update complete with the wad installer.

I have a WiiKey installed, if this can help somehow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...