Hacking vWii USB Loaders not working

GoldenTreesYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already followed the vWii modding guide on wiiu.hacks.guide. I put USB Loader GX in my apps folder, load it up, and my games appear. I try to open one, and my screen is blank for a minute before kicking me back to the homebrew channel. not sure if this is relevant, but the channel is in 4:3 when I first boot, but post-crash it's back to 16:9, every time. I formatted my drive, used different loaders, reinstalled my cIOS, and tried to use an SD card with WiiFlow all to no avail. My drive is a Fat32 drive (Partitioned to be 32GB so I can make it Fat32, it's normally ~58GB) My games to change when I add/remove games, so I know it's not an issue with the drive's connection. It also worked fine on my Original Wii console (put into storage because I thought this would be simpler) I can't seem to get this to work. any ideas?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have already followed the vWii modding guide on wiiu.hacks.guide. I put USB Loader GX in my apps folder, load it up, and my games appear. I try to open one, and my screen is blank for a minute before kicking me back to the homebrew channel. not sure if this is relevant, but the channel is in 4:3 when I first boot, but post-crash it's back to 16:9, every time. I formatted my drive, used different loaders, reinstalled my cIOS, and tried to use an SD card with WiiFlow all to no avail. My drive is a Fat32 drive (Partitioned to be 32GB so I can make it Fat32, it's normally ~58GB) My games to change when I add/remove games, so I know it's not an issue with the drive's connection. It also worked fine on my Original Wii console (put into storage because I thought this would be simpler) I can't seem to get this to work. any ideas?
Hello,

Can you post a syscheck report, please here ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/syscheck-hacksden-edition.356133/

Is it really an external hard drive in FAT32, that you have? and not a USB key ??

use "wii backup manager" to manage your games on the USB support.
A simple copy and paste of your games to the external hard drive may not work.;)

Reactions: Alexander1970

GoldenTreesYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Can you post a syscheck report, please here ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/syscheck-hacksden-edition.356133/

Is it really an external hard drive in FAT32, that you have? and not a USB key ??

use "wii backup manager" to manage your games on the USB support.
A simple copy and paste of your games to the external hard drive may not work.;)
It is a USB Flash drive, but no I did not copy and paste the games. I'm using the same drive moved straight from my Wii to my Wii U, and it does not work, while it did on my Wii.
Also, yeah I do use Wii Backup Manager. I used to use WBFS manager but I switched because WBFSMGR is kind of annoying if you use the drive for other things too

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It is a USB Flash drive, but no I did not copy and paste the games. I'm using the same drive moved straight from my Wii to my Wii U, and it does not work, while it did on my Wii.
Also, yeah I do use Wii Backup Manager. I used to use WBFS manager but I switched because WBFSMGR is kind of annoying if you use the drive for other things too

Hello.:)

Which Port did you use for the USB Flash Drive on your Wii U ?
(Please use the Ports on the BACK and use the UPPER of those - Recommended).:)

wiiul-1.jpg

Can you maybe also try an HDD for the Wi U ?

Your USBLoader GX is on the latest Version ?
Maybe try to change the Loader´s IOS from 58 to 249.
(Global Settings - Loader Settings - Loader´s IOS)

Thank you.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/yvivDdRirLA?si=R7xWO-6_-Qa0DDml