Hacking vWii system files corrupted

Slartibartfast42

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I don't know if anyone is experiencing this problem. I've seen people complain about actual bricking, but this isn't quite it.

Sometimes, the vWii will freeze on homebrew. This time, the HackMii installer was accidentally ran. It froze on the "this should be free screen". So it wasn't actually doing anything at the time. It has froze in other situations too. This is annoying, but this isn't the real problem or question. So I pull the plug and turn it back on.

Next time you try to load vWii, you get a system files are corrupt screen after the health and safety screen. This was so scary the first time. I figured out how to fix it. I have to take the SD card out, and do a direct boot to vWii (holding down B on the gamepad). I type in my NintendoNetwork password, and then it boots right to vWii. It is then fine again. This is very scary though. I don't know why this trick works and I worry that someday the bricking might be permanent.

So 1) Is there still no way to backup the vWii, probably huh? and

2) Why does it do this? Is there something I can do to stop it from doing this? Can I reinstall an ios or something? My real Wii never did this. Is it just a bug in the Wii U software? The trick doesn't usually work if I don't take the SD card out. It's super weird.

Slartibartfast42

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas people? When I tried last week, I couldn't get into vWii mode at all. I got in today using Maintenance mode. What do I have to reinstall or something to make it stable again?

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
first: always have backups for stuff like savegames.

second: try a dfferent SD card. it may be that. also redownload fresh versions of all the system/hack files on the SD card, it may simply be a corrupted file on the SD card that the vWii is trying to read and then spitting an error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.