vwii blackscreen/brick

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ctrlp, Apr 20, 2014.

1. ctrlp
    OP

ctrlp Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2014
    United States
    I was following a tut on how to clean up my vwii so that I can update my wii U. Well like a dummy i follow the guide blindly, I went on the modmii and downloaded ALL the Non_fakesigned IOS' and installed them via YAMM. Now when I open vWii it stays on a black screen. Is there any way to fix this? I do have the Nand and Keys backed up...

** pretty sure i Used wii ios' XD

2. flo

flo GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2006
    Hungary
    I hear a future official firmware update from Nintendo will fix it ( if there's any part in it that updates something for the vWii )

3. ctrlp
    OP

ctrlp Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2014
    United States
    Well my wii U won't even update, it's why I did this in the first place. I get the 162-0002 error.

4. ctrlp
    OP

ctrlp Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2014
    United States
    I've searched high and low through these forums and I continue to find the 2 same answers, 1. I'm SOL or 2. Nand Dump (which requires hardware and soldering) but I can not find any instructions on this for the wiiU. I may send it in for a repair but i'm debating that for obvious reasons.

5. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Send it in repairs and tell Nintendo that Wii Mode doesn't work.
    If it's bricked they are unlikely to detect homebrew

ctrlp likes this.
  6. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    If you do send it to nintendo dont tell them anything about wii mode they will suspect homebrew if you do just tell them it wont update and when they fix that it will install the correct vwii ios files when it updates.

7. ctrlp
    OP

ctrlp Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2014
    United States
    thank you truly all for taking the time to reply to my post. I think I will send it in, however, do i mention the error code i am receiving? Because it tells me on the error screen to call them for that error i mentioned earlier.(162-0002)

8. ctrlp
    OP

ctrlp Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2014
    United States
    darn it! i almost got RR'd!! lol