Vita memory cards always super slow?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by masterz87, Dec 29, 2016.

1. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    I am using maidump nd it's doing ~4MB/s which is about what QCMA does and I can't believe that that's all the faster the thing can write to the memory card it makes no sense to me how it could only be diong 4MB/s when the DS had their game carts doign 4MB/s and for well over 2USD/GB I would've expected at least 10MB/s or at worst 6MB/s.

2. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
  3. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    Well since sony only does PSVIMG that speed is still _more_ than what I get via QCMA and of course FTP I just dont' get how sony thought charging over 2USD/GB for memory cards with quite a few selling for 3-4USD/GB even thuogh micro-sd cards were selling for 1USD/GB or less for class 6 cards and m2 memory sticks I think were similar in costs if not only a bit more. And that was only done for the pspgo I believe as I never saw any cameras that actually required/used m2 memory sticks.

I can't get how the hell the speed would be tha tbad at least with 7MB/s that's more than what most current things do. I hope that taihen will eventually improve performance of the cards like people were able to do on the psp even though that just reduced latency anything helps with this kind of low speed world it's in.

4. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    It's sony, they love to design proprietary versions of things so they can overcharge.

On a positive note, it beats a good memory stick pro duo in Australia in 2006 (although that card likely outperformed a vita mem card) :)

SKU QTY Description Unit Price Item Price
    37080244 1 SanDisk Ultra II MS Pro Duo 4096MB (SDMSPDH-4096) $237.70 $237.70

Last edited by Count Duckula, Dec 29, 2016