Violent games pulled from rest stops in Massachusetts.

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
State's Department of Transportation removes nine violent games from service stops on Mass. Turnpike in Charlton, Ludlow, Lee, and Beverly.
My god, this is awful. I don't think that this should've happened at all, poor residents of Massachussets. Although the funny part is that they removed a certain type of games which would make you laugh, kinda. Video games aren't the problem. I was looking in the comments and I just gotta say, I agree with that. Access to guns and all that ARE the problem.

:arrow: Source

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Time Crisis and Beach Head 2000"

Wut?

They're some of those arcade seat things, not boxed copies of games, from what I could pull from the article.
Ah! That makes a lot more sense, and is rather unfortunate.
Means I have even less chance of running into an Area 51 machine.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Better question: why are video games being sold at gas stations/truck stops?
Ignoring that such a thing was not quite the case for a moment may I say, as something of a connoisseur of films, books and CDs from petrol stations and motorway services, I can only encourage the sale of computer games in such places. Granted motorway services in the UK and mainlaind Europe resemble something closer to small (hideously overpriced) malls the likes of which I tended only to see stateside when the stop doubled as a ski resort or indeed made it to a proper airport.

Anyway +1 to the someone appears to have suffered faulty logic in this decision. A pity too as they are some of the few places I ever saw Silent Scope any more.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, 'cause video games are the real problem with modern society. It's not that moral standards are at an all time low (Jersey Shore, 'nuff fuckin' said), or that you can buy deadly weapons at your local store if you're feeling a bit paranoid. It's all Grand Theft Auto's fault, right? I remember watching a video clip a while back of a news reporter banging on at length about how you can cut cops in half with a chainsaw, go fuck hookers then beat them to death with a baseball bat. You realise that if I had that sort of mindset there was nothing really stopping me doing that before, right? It's not like GTA got released and every bat on the face of the earth suddenly gained a huge boost in their strength stats that enabled us to finally kill hookers with them. People have been bat shit crazy since LOOOOOOOONG before video games were around. Logic 101; if a problem existed before the arrival of what you deem to be the primary cause, your assumptions regarding that cause must be faulty. HOW ARE YOU NOT GETTING THAT?

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just had a thought. Where are these games going? Were the store owners renting these machines? If not, are they on the market now? Or seized by the government? This may be a good opportunity to pick up cheap arcade games in the Massachusetts area.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Avoiding the real problem? That's how you do it!

Violent video games are not the cause of these school shootings nor would pulling them solve the problem.
Well it is the easiest course of action when you don't want to admit society has problems.

Reactions: The Catboy

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a person really wants to do harm stopping official and legal ways to get guns won't do a thing. They'll either get them from illegal means or use another form of weapon. Hell, If you can bake a cake, you can make a bomb.
bombs have much less ingredients.
I may or may not have done this

Deleted member 318366

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video games really aren't the problem, it's the parents who allow their kids and teens under 18 to play these "violent video games" as they call it

Our law makers and the NRA are retarded. :P

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video games really aren't the problem, it's the parents who allow their kids and teens under 18 to play these "violent video games" as they call it

Yeah, they should make it MANDATORY to card for any M rated title, and then have a disclaimer said by the clerk or sales associate stating that it's not meant for children, and it has been linked to the violent shootings of recent years. This'll get all those kids off CoD. Even if it's not linked at all, i hate those kids playing CoD.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, they should make it MANDATORY to card for any M rated title, and then have a disclaimer said by the clerk or sales associate stating that it's not meant for children, and it has been linked to the violent shootings of recent years. This'll get all those kids off CoD. Even if it's not linked at all, i hate those kids playing CoD.
No it wouldn't, it would just make getting these games harder.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Zetta_x

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since records began, the number of children in U.S. schools battered to death with a TimeCrisis arcade machine (or similar) equals precisely ZERO.

I don't think the same can be said for the number of children in schools killed with automatic weapons ?

The answer is there America - Don't strain yourself looking for it, it really is that obvious. It's not a trick question........

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It still depends on the child. I knew fellow children while growing up who had violent video games. There parents had talks with them about those type of games. Made sure they understood why it's not okay to do the things in real life. Major part of todays' problem is parents not understanding how to explain things to their children. Then there are also lazy parents as well as parents who don't care enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think a raspberry pi zero could power a SNES cart emulator thing hmmm