Hacking VC / WiiWare Manager?

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if there exists a program that can read the VC / WiiWare / Channels I have saved on my SD card(s) for easy sorting?

Right now I have an 8GB with the menu full, so I want to split up the games via system onto smaller SD cards, but i don't want to have to install them all over again, would rather just transfer them to PC, and sort them, but with names like Ruef08 etc, it's impossible right now.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nothing's been made for this that I know of.

You'll probably have to make do with writing up your own list of channels and their titleID's (AnyTitleDeleterDB will be helpful for finding those).

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try looking for cheatcodes at wiird.com youll see that the wii titles/vc/wiiware are split into topics both having ntsc and pal go into the ntsc one to find a list of game with cheatcodes and their ids next to them ,but using anytitle deleter is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier.

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to write an app, but I'd super appreciate if someone made one. Could repay them with an Xbox Live Arcade game? Or similar thing?

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to throw it out there.. you could wait for NAND emulation and just play them all off a USB.

Anywho, what OS are we talking about for this? I've got some Applescripts for Mac that does something very similar (could tweak and turn them into an app.) If you want a Windows program, then.. maybe. I can give it a shot.

Swizler

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EtherealX said:
Just to throw it out there.. you could wait for NAND emulation and just play them all off a USB.

Anywho, what OS are we talking about for this? I've got some Applescripts for Mac that does something very similar (could tweak and turn them into an app.) If you want a Windows program, then.. maybe. I can give it a shot.
that would be nice

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
niceguychris said:
What exactly do you want it to do?, just manage the games on your current SD card (giving you the options to move them around).

I may have a go, if I have any spare time in the next week or so...

Being able to sort via system / Wii Ware/ Channel. And also show the actual title. That would be awesome, and very helpful!

niceguychris

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cbbarker.blogspot.com
XP
Country
okay, i've made a slight start on this, mainly created an app which list all homebrew apps on the SD card, and gives you an option to view the contents or delete the app.
There will also be a version which allows you to install homebrew too - I know this is childs play for most of us, but once I get the WAD / WiiWare managment incorporated this will make a neat little SD managment app which some may find handy.

i'll try and get some ground on this, but only really plan to do this in my spare time (which i don't have a lot of).

Cheers for listening (or not)
smile.gif

C.

Swizler

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
niceguychris said:
okay, i've made a slight start on this, mainly created an app which list all homebrew apps on the SD card, and gives you an option to view the contents or delete the app.
There will also be a version which allows you to install homebrew too - I know this is childs play for most of us, but once I get the WAD / WiiWare managment incorporated this will make a neat little SD managment app which some may find handy.

i'll try and get some ground on this, but only really plan to do this in my spare time (which i don't have a lot of).

Cheers for listening (or not)
smile.gif

C.
Does it have a GUI?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye