Using Gateway to install CFW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aaabbbvvv, May 16, 2016.

1. aaabbbvvv
    OP

aaabbbvvv Newbie

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    United States
    Hi all, what i'm triying to accomplished is to have both Gateway and CFW, that way able to run .3ds and for me it's easier to setup emuNAND. I already run GW to classic 3DS and planning new 3DS XL (can have with FW9.2) so how can install CFW via GW on it to run .cia games, first i need some clarifying. Already read and watch many tutorials that are looping like time traveller trying to kill his grandfather, install HoneBrewLauncher to have *hax as well as exploit *hax to have HBL. So let's say first i setup GW on my new3DS and install emuNAND and several .cia games updates dlc etc. by BBM and FBI (which did on my old3DS) which is phase 2. Now to speak for phase 1 how to enter into emuNAND from sysNAND without flashcart or game or internet (independence), is the order browserhax (once only) then menuhax then HBL then CFW (preferably CakesFW or Luma3DS) with region free and maybe cheats as bonus (didn't understand that NTR), that's where i need guide. Thanks in advance and please but i'll not make excuses for my English (not all of us need to speak it fluently). Thanks again :)

2. aaabbbvvv
    OP

aaabbbvvv Newbie

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    United States
    Well it doesn't seem there is any activity but at least if someone can confirm i'm on the right track. As i understand if all this is correct then it'll be the easiest way. So i have two possibilities: run browserhax then install menuhax (actually themehax) then run the real cfw (not sure does it install it or just run it through the boot file in sdroot) OR run browserhax then run HBL (does it install or boot? with HBL easier to install several cfw and cia installers) then install menuhax and after that run HBL through menuhax then run (boot/install?) cfw. First case can autoboot cfw OR second case autoboot HBL which run cfw, in both cases cfw enter into emuNAND already setup by Gateway. It can autoboot in cfw emuNAND through the boot file (whatever cfw) and i can change the cfw if needed in future. Now about the cfw, rxtools3 have builtin region free (must have) and cakesfw must install NTR (enough as .cia and do i need to run it every time reboot into cfw?). Also for cia installers which is better for use with cfw FBI or BBM? Well i'll be happy if someone confirm is all this correct or what is messed up :)

Last edited by aaabbbvvv, May 17, 2016
  3. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
  4. aaabbbvvv
    OP

aaabbbvvv Newbie

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    United States
    Well i finally get my new 3DS (on 9.5) this week and it took me almost a day (have very limited expirience) to complete hacking by the mentoned guide. Have problems only when downgrade to 9.2 with partial so i run it second time was fine, first time the wifi were disabled (can this be the reason?) but after that i leaved it on during the whole process. I have some questions, how to update FBI because it's injected in H&Sapp and the other can i safely perform system format via SystemSettings or to use EmuNAND9 (want clear begin) before any game installation. Why HBL has so low success rate in running apps and last i'm just curious how is that possible to downgrade 11.0 to 2.1 emuNAND but it's needed hardmod if initial 3DS firmware is 11.0

Edit: thread name is now incorrect

Last edited by aaabbbvvv, Jul 16, 2016