Using all vWii features on gamepad, will it ever be possible ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by NothingFace, Jan 21, 2017.

1. NothingFace
    OP

NothingFace Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2017
    We can use the gamepad stand alone to play games like Pandoras Tower, as is will be seen as a Pro controller.

Is it realistic to expect other software to be run like this ? or use the gamepad like a Wiimote in Warioland per example ?

2. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    I second this, it would be like a dream come true and a real push forward to Homebrew on the Wii U.
    Having complete control of vWii with the Gamepad as a CCP would be amazing, and I certainly would love to see it happen soon.
    It just requires someone adept enough to be able to figure out the Wii VC of games like Xenoblade to be able to pull this off, or maybe going the easy way around of being able to inject some sort of modified Wii ISO which launches the Homebrew Channel instead, or redirect the launch of the ISO to the actual vWii .app

3. ManuelKoegler

ManuelKoegler GBAtemp Fan

Nov 5, 2015
    Netherlands
    Honestly upon buying the Wii U I kind of expected it to be the case seeing as I read everywhere you could use wii mode with off tv play, only to find out that it's "off tv watch" since that's all you can do with it. Why Nintendo? Just why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    um, improving (still manufactured) wiimote sales?

"Wireless display" for Vwii also came way after launch

5. ManuelKoegler

ManuelKoegler GBAtemp Fan

Nov 5, 2015
    Netherlands
    Well, I didn't get it upon launch, in fact I only got it a little over a year ago, and it would've been a great feature, furthermore it'd hardly impede wiimote sales as it would only work for games that offer classic controller support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Well for this to work some bluetooth<-->Wifi magic needs to be done.

7. Pachee

Pachee GBAtemp Fan

Nov 3, 2015
    United States
    VC injects are more likely but... that dammed nfs header no one knows how to replicate.

ManuelKoegler likes this.