Misc use wifi but disable forced updates? Possible?

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my wii is a 3.3u w the gamma loader and I would like to use wifi still for some of my original stuff but I am worried that an update like the 3.4 menu will be forced and nullify all my work. An update attempt from a game doesn't worry me as much as a random one being pushed out when I am not around.

So, is it possible to use wiiconnect24 but not catch any updates?

Or is the answer to my question to just keep updating and using workarounds if I want to use wifi?

I suppose I could leave off the gateway address and use the wii to dump discs but I still wanted to use some of the web enabled content.

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't remember my wii wanting to update after setting wifi up, I remember it performing a connection test but not updating. You could have a point there. I can't remember the wifi settings but I suppose you could disable the wireless on your router/AP once the connection test is done. It can't update if theres no connection.

But I think the TC is talking about general wifi usage/leaving it enabled when its in standby.

DaMoNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cyberxion said:
Are you sure? I always thought the Wii tried to update each time you set the Wifi up from scratch.

After setting up the wireless connection the Wii will test the connection.
If it the connection is working it will show a message:

friknfrak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FW v3.4 enables background updating (you don't see it coming) if WiiConnect24 is on (or wifi/lan connection is available).

Advise? Stay at (or downgrade to) FW v3.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...