usb problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ahbba, Jun 17, 2014.

1. ahbba
    OP

ahbba Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2014
    United States
    I formatted my usb to work with usb loader gx. I use the backup manager to transfer my games in wbfs format onto my usb. But whenever I open my usb on my computer it says i need to format it. Is there a way so it doesnt need to be formatted?

Also, how do I enable this usb to run both wii and gamecube games thru usb loader gx?

2. Doux91

Doux91 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 23, 2014
    just format your usb in fat32

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  3. ahbba
    OP

ahbba Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2014
    United States
    after i format it, is there a way to add the wbfs games files without using the backup manager?

4. Doux91

Doux91 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 23, 2014
    yes, but you must use the option of split wbfs files because of the limitation of the format (4GB per file)with NTSC you lose that limitation but you cant use for play gamecube games, just format you usb using cluster 32k, true you are talking about wiibackup manager or wbfs manager? use wiibackupmanager because wbfs manager cant use fat32 and NTFS, just wbfs
    remember some games of wii have more than 4GB and thats you must split the files, you must look for the option if you dont understand i can help you posting a picture

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    remove the windows letter on disk management, (control panel, administrative tools, computer management, disk snap in, select hard drive, use right click, change device path or something)

more info at google.com - > change (or remove) drive letters on windows

windows just recognizes fat and ntfs filesystems, (what a piece of racism against non-windows things demn windows) so everytime you plug the HDD, the windows is unable to mount the HDD and asks you to format it...

6. ahbba
    OP

ahbba Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2014
    United States
    i found a video of someone able to use the same hardrive to play wii and gc games. I read that you can make a wbfs folder and insert the game in there. I think i will try this. thanks for the help

7. Doux91

Doux91 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 23, 2014
    Yes you can but your usb should be in fat32 for transfer your games you could use wiibackupmanager, why? because if you want the game working you must rename the ISO or wbfs file in ID name example: ROMJ07 and you should put the game in the location SD:wbfs/Name of the game/ROMJ07.wbfs or SD:wbfs/Name of the game/ROMJ07.wbfs, its easier use wiibackup manager because it can do it by itself (transfer and rename)